Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: tute- Bed skirt for your quilt

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing this link. I have seriously been considering making a bed skirt. This tutorial was a great.
    Brenda

Wow, I almost bought a bedskirt but they were not the right size. Thanks so much, will make the way I measure so much easier........

Any ideas on how I could do this without attaching velcro to the box spring? Hubby would probably shoot me if I did it to our new mattress set. And I really don't want to sew velcro to fabric like the traditional bedskirt methods. I'm open for ideas. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thank you...just what I needed!

We have a bed skirt on our bed. It isn't homemade and doesn't attach to our box spring. It is a ruffled skirt along the sides of the bed attached to a sheet that is underneath our mattress.

So--think of a sheet with long ruffled sides. You could make this longer (taller from floor to cover your box spring) and then sew it to muslin which would be hiding underneath your mattress.
    Ginger
    ~stitching one thread at a time~

I purchased a yardage of snaps found in the curtain making section of Hancock Fabrics. I have a king size bed and cannot move the mattress very easily. I used an old sheet, acually a couple and sewed to the size I wanted hanging just a couple inches over the edge and made a bed skirt that I could easily snap into place and remove for washing -- However, the snaps were expensive and I would like to change the bed skirt -- velco might help, but with pet hair, etc. I don't know.

My bed skirt in a plain rectangle for the box spring with the dust ruffle on three sides and it doesn't move around. Guess we lay too still in the bed. LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FWDesigns View Post
    Any ideas on how I could do this without attaching velcro to the box spring? Hubby would probably shoot me if I did it to our new mattress set. And I really don't want to sew velcro to fabric like the traditional bedskirt methods. I'm open for ideas. Thanks
    You use the sticky-back velcro. It will come off if you want, but it is there to serve its purpose without damaging the fabric of the box spring. This is an old method that I have used, nothing new about it.

That is pretty nifty. I will put it on the list of things to try. Thanks for posting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast