Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: tv remote says 'Locked' -why?

Our neighbors are elderly bachelors and got a flat screen tv about 3-4 years ago when everything changed to the digital. Yesterday, they told us that the volume is not working. We thought maybe they had pressed the Mute button. But apparently the word 'LOCKED' shows up on the tv screen. They get a picture but no volume. Have any of you experienced this? They do NOT have the book that came with it.

don't you just love new technology? THis sounds like something DH would do.
    Try googling the brand name and number of the remote, you can often get instructions online. I have had to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts
    don't you just love new technology? THis sounds like something DH would do.
    Try googling the brand name and number of the remote, you can often get instructions online. I have had to do that.
    Ditto for Mr Google to the rescue ... or call the 1-800# and get a real live person to walk you thru changing the settings that are obviously messed up!

Blog Entries
    Try taking the battery out of the remote, wait a few minutes and then replace it. Maybe that will reset it :D:D:D

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Our remote has a lock option on the menu. It is several clicks into the menu and I always have to look for it when this happens, but it is there.

All is fixed. I changed the batteries first -that wasn't it. The password said 'locked' so I set a new one -that wasn't it. Turns out their speakers were set to the off position. Also when they tried to played around with the buttons to fix it, they kept hitting the 'sleep timer' button so of course the tv would also shut off -"it just went off -just like that". (old bachelors, ya gotta love em)

My husband is great for falling asleep with the tv on...he'll wake up with a start because the volume increases so much during commercials and either grab the remote for the electric recliner and or the phone...or when the phone rings when he's asleep in his chair, he starts pushing buttons on the tv remote and messes it up...then I have to try to figure out what he did to fix it...sometimes I think it would be easier for me, if he still had to go to the tv to change the channels and rather than the portable phone, we had kind of phone hanging on a wall away from him...Naomi