Two way zipper

Old 10-17-2018, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

Default Two way zipper

How does one use a two way zipper?. my sister sent me a long rain jacket. it has a zipper pull at the top and at the bottom. my son said you can just unzip the bottom one to get in your pockets of your pants. but what do i do to get into the jacket. step in or pull over my head? Long ago i had a lovely green jacket with one of these two way zippers. i pulled it over my head every time I wore it.
i tried to unzip the rain jacket but didn't seem to be able to. anyone???
Old 10-17-2018, 11:56 AM

I've never had a jacket with a 2 way zipper but here's a video that might help you. Your jacket should separate at the bottom just like a regular zipper.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/videos/51...947&autoplay=Y
Old 10-17-2018, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

the video stopped right where i wanted to know how to take the item off but I guess I will have to try it out again when i get the item back. i had to exchange it. thanks.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:35 PM

Make sure both zipper pulls are at the bottom. Then you should be able to separate the zipper halves. To zip up, make sure both parts of the zipper are at the very bottom. Then you can pull the upper zipper pull/tab up.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:19 PM

If your zipper is like the one in the video, you just open it at the bottom just like a normal jacket zipper. It shows you how to put the zipper together to zip it up. just do the reverse to take it off.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:29 PM

For me, I have always loved jackets with these zippers -- much for comfortable when sitting in a long jacket or using the bathroom in a gas station, etc.

I have found the secret to opening the jacket is to make sure the lower pull is ALL THE WAY DOWN. Then, just bring the upper pull down like you would do to unzip any jacket and it should be open. When zipping up, make sure the two pulls are tightly together in your fingers when you slip the pulls on to the bottom of the other side of the zipper.

I assume this is what the video shows but I have not watched it.

Good luck!
Old 10-18-2018, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
How does one use a two way zipper?. my sister sent me a long rain jacket. it has a zipper pull at the top and at the bottom. my son said you can just unzip the bottom one to get in your pockets of your pants. but what do i do to get into the jacket. step in or pull over my head? Long ago i had a lovely green jacket with one of these two way zippers. i pulled it over my head every time I wore it.
i tried to unzip the rain jacket but didn't seem to be able to. anyone???
You need to make sure that both zipper pulls are together at the bottom when you want to take the zipper apart. Sometimes they are a little tricky to undo. Then when you want to put it back together again, the two pulls have to be at the bottom as well. Its handy to have a two way zipper if you have a long coat or jacket. Partially unzip the zipper when you get in the car and you won't have the coat in your way as you are driving. Also, like someone else said, you can unzip from the bottom when you want to reach an inside pocket of your slacks or something.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:01 PM

I had a rain jacket that did not have a 2-way zipper & rarely zipped it. Then took it to have 1 put in & rally like the coat now. I wish more jackets had these if they come below the hip line.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:15 PM

I wonder - if the zipper was installed - upside down?? maybe the exchanged one will work for you.