Update from Amandasgramma

Old 12-06-2009, 06:20 AM

Tried to find the Quilted Quail.....but NO ONE had a phone book! I knew there was one here, but couldn't find the address. Thanks

I hope I can make it to the one in Northridge, too. We called our friends that live near there that we'll visit. They're in their 80s and they have H1N1!!! Their names are Irene and Henry -- please pray for them. Sounds like they have a good doctor, but still, I'm worried.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Banned

i saw pictures of it, but never been there myself. pics never phased me :thumbdown:
Old 12-06-2009, 10:24 AM

I've had them in Mexico before and I hear there's a cantina in Los Alogodones that makes excellent ones. i've seen lots of recipes, but what I liked was a white fish cooked like chicken tenders (strips fried with a coating), laid into a flour or corn tortilla. They had a little cabbage slaw type of stuff (no mayo) and a sauce that I'm still trying to figure out. It was a cream sauce with a slight blush to it. That's all I know. They were awesome!!! i'm hoping the ones at the cantina are made the same....if so, I'll be asking for recipes....!!! LOL
Old 12-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

Hi!
sounds like your having a great time out there! you just made me hungry, lol!
Bring back some pics! :-D
Old 12-06-2009, 05:44 PM

HA-HA!!! My DH used to live in Ridgecrest (20 years), and only came to his senses when we were engaged and I told him I refused to move there!!! So, now we both live in dusty Bakersfield....but at least we have green around us, and not nearly so much wind!!!

BTW, he said of your gold mine trip turning up little gold...."...that's why it's abandoned. No gold to speak of."

Also, if you come through Bakersfield, there are 3 quilt shops here that are pretty good. Quilter's Haven, right near Hwy. 99 at Stockdale Hwy exit (go east from exit - about 1 block after the freeway); Strawberry Patches at Ming Avenue & Ashe Road (west of Hwy 99 about 2 miles); and To Quilt & Sew, which is way off the freeway and I don't know the exact address...way off in the northwest part of Bakersfield.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:44 PM

HAH HAH! Actually, a woman found a 1 1/2 oz nugget last week!!!! I'm hoping!!!!! I've been to those shops in Bakersfield! My SIL lives there and we were there last spring. Probably will check them out during Christmas vacation...she's a teacher so we'll have a few days to shop.
Originally Posted by jljack
HA-HA!!! My DH used to live in Ridgecrest (20 years), and only came to his senses when we were engaged and I told him I refused to move there!!! So, now we both live in dusty Bakersfield....but at least we have green around us, and not nearly so much wind!!!

BTW, he said of your gold mine trip turning up little gold...."...that's why it's abandoned. No gold to speak of."

Also, if you come through Bakersfield, there are 3 quilt shops here that are pretty good. Quilter's Haven, right near Hwy. 99 at Stockdale Hwy exit (go east from exit - about 1 block after the freeway); Strawberry Patches at Ming Avenue & Ashe Road (west of Hwy 99 about 2 miles); and To Quilt & Sew, which is way off the freeway and I don't know the exact address...way off in the northwest part of Bakersfield.
:lol:
Old 12-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

Ok So at 1 1/2 oz please convert for us non gold seekers :? Is that a lot ?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:15 AM

Gold is about $1170. an oz....and you get bout 75% of that (25% for the refiner's fees) - so it's about a $1400.00 chunk of gold......for walking around in dirt, and digging about 6" down!!!! I would give ANYTHNG to find one!
Old 12-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Power Poster

One of my colleagues goes wind sailing in the desert. He always tells me how beautiful it is. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm thinking more along your lines. Good luck on the hunt for gold.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:06 PM

Hi AG! Good Luck finding that elusive gold! We used to go to Yuma for 5 months every winter so we know all about the cheap, but good, dental and fish tacos. Yummy! We also enjoyed the shrimp tacos! Always a lineup for them. Have fun! It beats sub zero weather which we are having now.