Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
UPDATE: BD cards for nephew In Iraq >

UPDATE: BD cards for nephew In Iraq

UPDATE: BD cards for nephew In Iraq

Old 09-12-2011, 12:47 PM

Just received a email from my nephew wanted to share it so anyone who didn't get a personal TY from him knows how much he appreciated everyone's cards and gift you sent for his birthday. being in Iraq this was really special to him and to me. THANK YOU!
Debbie e in Ohio

now to Ryan's email:
Auntie Debbie
I tried to write everyone a thank you postcard but the amount of cards and packages I received was overwhelming. Please let everyone else know I appreciate everything that was sent (so does my squad since I shared with them)
-SSG Ryan Doot

Debbie E in Ohio
Old 09-12-2011, 02:37 PM

<3

I just sent a package off to my sis who is deployed. Since this is the second time around, I know much sharing goes on over there, and fellow soldiers feel the love of each others' families. Hope Ryan redeploys soon!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:56 PM

Same here I have my best friend deployed in Iraq I send him a box a month and every so often it's could you put an extra couple of cookies, etc as I share with the guys that don't get packages. That brought tears to my eyes when I knew guys had no one sending them stuff, so needless to say the box now is a bit bigger. It's nothing but some time on my end versus what they are doing every day. You have a wonderful son! Thank him for us for what he is doing.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 PM

[quote=Sheila_H]Same here I have my best friend deployed in Iraq I send him a box a month and every so often it's could you put an extra couple of cookies, etc as I share with the guys that don't get packages. That brought tears to my eyes when I knew guys had no one sending them stuff, so needless to say the box now is a bit bigger.
---------------------------------------------------------
When my son was in the Navy, he asked me to either send him just enough to stuff in his mouth at once, or enough to share with all his bunk mates. And when that happens, he says that on the way to his bunk, he can look to both sides and behind him, and there will be all his friends, marching along with him, eager to see what I had sent "them".
Old 09-13-2011, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H
That brought tears to my eyes when I knew guys had no one sending them stuff.
Yup. My sis' roommate was there BEFORE my sis got there and didn't get one care package. NOT ONE. And I believe her spouse is enlisted as well. I just don't understand, but I'm glad my sis told me. Sent some things last time specifically for her (the roomie).