UPDATE: But am I invited?

Old 02-05-2011, 01:28 PM

Finally heard from one of my neices. She said that only one person came to the shower besides her, baby mommy, her mother (my sister) and the aunt at which the shower was given. When niece A asked niece B (BM) where Aunt Glenda was..niece B said I forgot to invite her. Neice A told me everyone got a good talking to and she would make sure that would never happen again. I feel kind of sorry now about the out come of the shower. Baby mommy is a good kid and taking care to two little boys besides the coming of the new baby can be a handfull. Her husband tries to help, but this is one clueless dude. Oh well, family, thats what makes life interestiing. Weather hasn't let me out, so haven't gotten the 'presents' to her yet.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:34 PM

Thanks for the update....one of these days, you will be able to deliver the special gift for the little one...and have a good visit at the same time.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

That's why the mom to be should be involved in the guest list. Very inconsiderate of neice B not to invite you. Atleast neice a let you know.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:36 PM

Oh that is so sad BM didn't deserve that. I hope she is ok emotionally that could hit harder. She will love the quilt you made for her!!! Take care Jade!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

Many people still go with the rule of having just the one baby shower for first baby. I know many of the older people in my town/church/groups still think that way. And here the mom's first baby shower is a big event and everyone shows up.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Power Poster

Maybe have a 2nd shower for those not invited or couldn't make it for the first one? :D:D:D
Old 02-05-2011, 05:21 PM

Oooooh, that's sad. I had same thing at my wedding shower! My future (then) SIL, let her kids get into the invitations and mess with them. I couldn't figure out why, after living all my life in a small town, hardly any of my friends came to my shower. About 2 yrs later, a woman asked me why we didn't invite her!!! I was shocked. That's when I found out over half the invites didn't go out. It can cause hard feelings........I'm sorry that happened to your niece!!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:47 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cjomomma
That's why the mom to be should be involved in the guest list. Very inconsiderate of neice B not to invite you. Atleast neice a let you know.
I thought niece B was the baby momma???
Old 02-05-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by np3
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I thought niece B was the baby momma???
Niece B=baby momma. Now I'm getting confused. LOL I'm going to make them all wear name tags. HaHa