Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Updates

  1. #1
    Super Member butterflywing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    currently central new jersey
    Posts
    8,703
    has anyone been having trouble getting updates on this site?
    i haven't been getting any notice of replies to posts that i created
    or took part in and i've been wondering how many others have been having that problem.

    i also haven't been getting notices of pm's. when i check into my profile, then lists and posts, i can see everything that should have come in, but it's not appearing in my email box as it always has done.

    i have "spoken" to a number of you who say the same thing and i wonder how wide-spread the problem is.

    i'm also not getting an updated newsletter each day even though i subscribed to that number.

  2. #2
    Super Member PegD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,167
    Blog Entries
    4
    I'm not having any problem with mine so far. Have you checked with a moderator? I hope it gets fixed for you soon.

  3. #3
    Super Member feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,437
    I check the board daily and go into watched topics. I do not utilize email notification. I have turned it off except for PM. PM I always get an email and the "Private Message" at the top of the board is always highlighted yellow. So I guess I wasn't much help in your survey because I only use the PM function of email notification.

  4. #4
    Moderator sharon b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    20,484
    Blog Entries
    10
    Have you checked your spam/ junk email folder ? Also sometimes if another member on the same email provider marks an message from the board as spam or junk it will/can cause everyone else to not get their notices - even if it is done by mistake it cannot be Admin and it must wait 2 months to be cycled out .

  5. #5
    Super Member Quiltforme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Washington state!
    Posts
    3,344
    I have had the same issue I will get one message from a post I do and then I have to go to my topics to read any others left.

  6. #6
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,113
    Blog Entries
    1
    You can also keep up with your topics by clicking on the Watched Topics tab, the same ones should be there, that you used to get email notifications for. :D:D:D

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SW Colorado
    Posts
    1,106
    No problem here.

  8. #8
    Super Member ladyshuffler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    North Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    has anyone been having trouble getting updates on this site?
    i haven't been getting any notice of replies to posts that i created
    or took part in and i've been wondering how many others have been having that problem.

    i also haven't been getting notices of pm's. when i check into my profile, then lists and posts, i can see everything that should have come in, but it's not appearing in my email box as it always has done.

    i have "spoken" to a number of you who say the same thing and i wonder how wide-spread the problem is.

    i'm also not getting an updated newsletter each day even though i subscribed to that number.
    The last two for sale items I have posted have NOT shown up in the newsletter...I was wondering if there is a problem--------- this really needs to be fixed soon.

  9. #9
    Super Member butterflywing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    currently central new jersey
    Posts
    8,703
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    I check the board daily and go into watched topics. I do not utilize email notification. I have turned it off except for PM. PM I always get an email and the "Private Message" at the top of the board is always highlighted yellow. So I guess I wasn't much help in your survey because I only use the PM function of email notification.
    i'm not getting notified about them either. i have my profile set up so that i can see at a glance if i even want to open anything in the mailbox, for example a p.m. if there's a pm i would open it. or a reply to a post that i created, like this one. i didn't even know there were answers here. that's the point of being notified. if i have to keep checking i don't see the point of notices. the only thing i'm getting now is the newsletters. last weeks i wasn't getting those.

  10. #10
    Super Member butterflywing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    currently central new jersey
    Posts
    8,703
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    You can also keep up with your topics by clicking on the Watched Topics tab, the same ones should be there, that you used to get email notifications for. :D:D:D
    this post is not in watched topics. go figure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.