USPS package tracking

Old 12-16-2013, 09:53 PM

Default USPS package tracking

Hello the tracking for my Christmas parcel is telling me since December 6. that it has arrived at Richmond but it isn't moving on...... It shall go to San Mateo!!! I sent two packages: the other one reached my daughter last week!!!!! But this one contains all the gifts for Christmas...... I am still hoping......
Old 12-17-2013, 02:31 AM

IF you sent it parcel post it can take what seems like forever (7-14+ ) days to arrive.Parcel post goes from one sorting warehouse to another & if it can break it usually gets broken.Priority mail is only a few cents to a few dollars more,is MUCH faster & ALOT safer.I know this because I ship ALOT through Ebay,Also UPS is great,Best wishes
Old 12-17-2013, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

U.P.S. and FedX hand over a certain amount of packages over to the post office for them to deliver. They are always slower delivering. You don't have a choice in the matter. Our business only gets the U.P.S. deliveries.
My packages I have sent to me usually comes via the post office.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:59 AM
QKO

Packages coming in from (and going out) to international locations are scanned at the international sorting facilities on either coast. Depending on the class of service of your package, it may take awhile to cross the continent, especially at this time of the year, because of weather delays, Christmas shipping volume, etc.

I just had a regular priority mail package take an extra two weeks, rather than 3 days, to cross the USA for some inexplicable reason, then it was finally delivered to my customer. This almost never happens, but sometimes a parcel will disappear into a "black hole" and take some time to come out.

Hopefully your parcels will make it there in time for Christmas.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:03 PM

I mailed from Toledo Ohio to Lafayette Louisiana, 2 weeks before Christmas a few years ago, they received them about Jan 6th. I was heartbroken, I had shipped Post office. The tracking was only scanned in one time.

This year I shipped FedEx I mailed on Friday the 13 to Southaven Mississippi and they received them today...YEAH, now for Facetime on Christmas to watch my Grand daughter open her gifts.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:27 AM

I mailed 2 pkgs parcel post from NM to FL on Dec 2. Got there Dec. 5. Not sure why sometimes things get held up. I'm just happy mine got there.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:55 AM

I am so frustrated with both UPS and USPS. I've paid extra for tracking and no one scans my items so I have no idea where my shipment is at any time...any they wonder why they're losing business and closing down my local office. A box I sent to my daughter upstate NY (only 250 miles from me) took TEN DAYS!!! It got 'stuck' in a postal hub 100 miles NORTH of her. it went beyond her city and had to be back-tracked. Ridiculous!!! Her birthday present was late and I was infuriated as I was promised 3-day delivery.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

three day is a laugh. always has been for my mail anyway. FedEx and UPS drop and run. they don't even knock or ring the bell anymore. shame but true. go to our post office and ask them to look into your package delivery. good luck.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:43 AM

So thankful to see this post. I've been tacking a package for the last week. It has been "stuck" in one place for 4 days. I thought it was lost there. Now I'm thinking it wasn't scanned when it left. Now I see I'm not the only one with tracking problems. I'm crossing my fingers it gets here. You might ask "What is in this very important package?" answer is Hemmed Dish Towels. Well, they are important to me.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:10 PM

Nothing new till now...... It's still in Richmond, since December 6. says the tracking so far!!! I send it from here on November 25.!!!! And I hope it will be delivered till December the 24........