Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Vacation help?

We are planning to head up to the Thousand Islands area in a couple weeks. I have been online and ordered some brochures. But it always helps to get opinions from folks that have been there. So what should we look for? Are there quilt/fabric stores? Good lodging and restaurants? We'll take our passports in case we decide to go over to Canada. Thanks for your input!

The Thousand Islands are located between New York State and Canada - I forget which province. I think they are in the St Lawarence Seaway that travels into the Great Lakes.

Can ya swing by and pick me up on your way? It's been years and years since I was in that area. Ok, I was little last time I was there. lol

Love the 1000 Islands. Went there on honeymoon #1. we took a ride on the St. Laurence seaway, it was so nice.

The bridge over to Canada is a sight to believe. I marvel over the engineering feats to make these mammoth bridges.

On the Canadian side of the border, the closest quilt shop to the Thousand Islands I know of is in Brockville, which is about 30mi east of the Thousand Islands Bridge. It's a really nice shop - the lady who owns/runs it did a trunk show at our guild in the spring.

Picket Fence Fabrics
    71 King St W, Brockville, ON, Canada

Jan

Where are you coming from? I don't know of any in the 1000 Islands... But I do know several in upstate NY & the Finger Lakes, as well as the Southern Tier. So if you are headed through any of those areas, I'll pass on the info...

Blog Entries
    Do take your passpoets, you just never know what you might want to do and since you will be so close. this way no regrets! Have a GREAT time
    Sharon

If you are traveling thru Binghamton or Owego NY I know of five quilt shops right in that area. Have a nice time on your vacation. And its only a short hop up to Mesenna NY to see the "locks". Marge

Banned
    Hey! Come pick me up too! :lol:

Thanks for everyone's help! We'll be coming up 81 from PA thru NY.
    AFter our 4th Bash, I had a week to wind down and get ready for a week of Bible School - that's the week of July12, in the evening. The 18th we'll host our granddaughter's 2nd birthday party - just providing the place and the pool! Then we'll head out Sunday morning.
    Do you think I'll need a vacation??