Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vacation - looking for ghost towns

Hubby is wanting to visit some ghost towns (like old west ones), but he doesn't know where to find any. Do you have a source? Do you know where some are located (state and town)? This would be a driving vacation for him and his buddy. They are into anything western.

Bodie, California is a very neat ghost town. Here is a quote:

Bodie is an original mining town from the late 1800's. What's left today stands in a state of "arrested decay" and is maintained by the California State Parks System, who took over the town in 1962 to make it a State Historic Park.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
    Hubby is wanting to visit some ghost towns (like old west ones), but he doesn't know where to find any. Do you have a source? Do you know where some are located (state and town)? This would be a driving vacation for him and his buddy. They are into anything western.
    Let me google that for you
    www.lmgtfy.com

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    http://www.ghosttowns.com/

Check this out. I know nothing about ghost towns, but this site might be a good starting spot.

I have been to some of the California ones but the best ones were in Idaho. Just start at Boise and follow the Snake river going north. Have fun!

in nevada there is one that we went to 20 years ago. It was called the widow maker. dang I cant remember where it was exactly , I will call my ex husband and try to find out for you. oh...del mar thats it Del Mar.. the widow maker in northern nevada. it was really cool and even had old abandon mines and building. My whole family enjoyed it.

Blog Entries
    There are lots of ghost towns in Nevada. Send me a pm and I will send you more information.

There are several in Montana. I have company today, but I will try to send info tonight or tomorrow.

Maggie Valley NC has "Ghost Town in the Sky", but thats probably not the kind of Ghost Town you are looking for. No ghosts, but they do have a great fudge shop and kiddie rides :-)

Blog Entries
    We visited Maggie Valley, NC and Ghost Town. Loved the shootouts they performed. Very funny!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast