Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Vacuum Cleaner Smell

Hoover makes tablets to put in the bag when you are putting in a fresh one. They help somewhat. I found them on Amazon.

when we had a vacumm I would put fabreeze on a couple of cotton balls and suck them up. worked for me and the room smelled like fabreeze. the tip i read said to use perfume but I didn't like that and fabreeze worked better.

add a little baking soda in the bag

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I solved that problem completely. We had SIL install hardwood floors. No carpets. I wonder if baking soda poured into a clean bag would help?
    I wonder if the baking soda would come through the bag and deposit itself all over the house? Otherwise, it is a great idea. I also like the dryer sheet idea! They smell so nice now.
    Linda
    Pets are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. (Roger Caras made this quote about dogs, but I love cats too!)

Have always used dryer sheets.....also put one under my car seat.

I don't know if this helps, but I am also allergic to all kind of things, including pet hair, yet have 4 indoor cats. There is a huge amount of hair inside my house, yet I need a good vacuum cleaner. I now use a bagless vacuum cleaner, so I won't have to clean the bag after cleaning all my house. There are plenty good bagless vacuum cleaners on the market. I have never though about dryer sheets, but will try in the future with another vacuum cleaner.

Also, do you have a vacuum with HEPA filter to get rid of odor while cleaning? Here are some good vacuums with HEPA filters.

@
    auntlucy what do you mean about tablets to put in the bag (at Hoover?). Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3