Veteran's Day

Old 11-11-2010, 08:52 AM

I haven't been a member here very long, but was just wondering how many of you are veterans or spouses of veterans? There seems to be such a diverse group of people here that I'm sure we have several. At any rate, just wanted to say thank you for your selfless service to our country. Do not mean this to be political in any way, just a thank you....
Old 11-11-2010, 08:54 AM

I'm a vet and wife of vet as well as the daughter of WWII vet.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:58 AM

My husband was in the Air Force during the Viet Nam war. He is gone now, but he never talked about his time there.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:01 AM

I am not a vet, but my father was. I am very proud of him and his service to our great country! I will go to the cemetary today to place new flowers and a flag on his grave.
I would like to add my thanks to all who are veterans and for their families. Your sacrifices are appreciated.
Blessings.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:03 AM

My first husband was a veteran of the Vietnam conflict. Airforce, three tours there, lost the vision on one eye when he was hit with a piece of schrapnel.

My late father and late FIL both served under General Patton on the front lines of Germany. Both were in the Battle of the Bulge and many, many other battles. Both help in the liberation of death camps. My father lost the hearing on one ear when a shell exploded near him.

My MIL was a "Rosie the Riveter" and at 16 my mother was one of the quality control inspectors at the Kenrad plant in Bowling Green, Ky. where they were making radio bulbs for our Navy's submarines. Suppose those men would have felt safe if they'd known that the quality of their radios was in the hands of a 16 yr old?

There have been many, many of my uncles and cousins that have served. I've also been fortunate enough to be able locate and copy the documentaion on several family members that served in the Union Army during the Civil War.

We seemed to have missed the Spanish-American and the Korean wars. Or maybe I just haven't found it yet.....
Old 11-11-2010, 09:07 AM

I am the grandaughter of a WW1 vet, daughter of a WW2 vet, my Husband was a Marine in Viet Nam, son #2 Disabled vet Gulf war first, son #4 disabled vet Irac. They all would tell you it was an honor to serve you.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:08 AM

My daddy spent over 30 years in the Air Force. I lived on many military bases growing up. I was and still am very proud of his service. He is 87 now and has dementia. His service to his country is what he remembers the most. He still remembers teaching me and my sisters how to shoot craps with monopoly money. I have already spoken to him today and wished him a happy veterans day.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:08 AM

My Husband is a VietNam vet and My Dad was a Korean War Vet I am very proud of what all our Vets past and future do for us
Old 11-11-2010, 09:28 AM

I am the wife of a vet and the mother of two others.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:08 AM

My dad was a fighter pilot with the RCAF/RAF during WWII. He flew Spitfires and Hurricanes. He passed away in 2002.