Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: To Veterans

To Veterans

I know there must be some Veterans on here. I just want to say Thank You. I am grateful & so very thankful for your service!

God Bless you All
    Susan

Blog Entries
    I thank you as well and also all of the parents and spouses of Veterans. My late husband and my late father both served.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Yes I totally agree a big Thank You to all our veterans, they are what makes our country great and allows us all the freedoms we sometimes take for granted.
    Juliebelle

I just want to share a cute scene I saw today. I was sitting in a gas station that was out of gas, but I was waiting for my husband to use the bathroom. Two serious guys in fatigues came up to the car. I thought they must have been helping with security with all the gas lines. Assuming they were going to tell me to move, I told them I'm just picking someone up. They asked, "is the store here open?" I told them yes. One guy grandly pushes the door open and says, "Do you sell beer here?" A few minutes later these two military guys come rushing out with several cases of beer in each arm. As they passed, I yelled out my car, "Happy Veterans Day!" Watching these guys treat their beer run as any other mission just made me smile. I hope they have a restful night - I'm sure they deserve it.

Freedom is not free. A million thanks to all the Veterans!
    ~hannajo~
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

A big thank you to all our wonderful Military, past and present.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I also thank all the military past and present for their service. Especially I thank my Husband, Dad and all in my family that have serviced in the military.

Well said and well done Susan. Thanks to all who have given us our freedom. Thank you for your service. Bless you and your families. Suebee and Family

Quote Originally Posted by susansomethings View Post
    I know there must be some Veterans on here. I just want to say Thank You. I am grateful & so very thankful for your service!

God Bless you All
    Susan
    SUEB

My father, grandfather, brother-in-law, niece and her husband (whom she met while serving) all served our country, and I am very proud of them. Thanks to all of you and yours who stepped up; who knows what life we'd be living if you had not?