Video Security Systems

Old 03-16-2017, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
We purchased The Ring after several issues in the neighborhood. Not us. The front door bell has a built in camera and we have another over the garage that is run by a small solar panel. My phone giggles when someone crosses the path of the cameras. Have not had any problem with wind or other wifi's in the neighborhood. When we were on vacation, the mailman left a package, I called the house-sitter and told them where the package was located. I really like it, when the camera is activated, the info goes to a "cloud" and costs $36 a year. If there are issues, you can go and get the info for the police.
We had this (Ring.com). It worked great the first door bell ring. After that it was not so good. I could not get it to load on my phone or iPad fast enough to answer the door before the person left. Then it would not open to see who was there or record. The camera view was very good. Very wide angle. Removed it and have not tried any other system.....p.s. We already have an alarm on the house, so only wanted to be able to see who was at the door before I "trudged" up from the basement to find out I did not need to.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:30 PM

We have a Swann, 4 camera 1080 and I can watch my farm house from my phone. We did hard wire it as wireless can be a problem if everything isn't just right. I think it was about $400. We have been happy with it. We also have a $2,000 one on our house, but it's not much better. In fact, the Swann night vision is better.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:41 AM

Get a dog. And put up "dummy" cameras. And a fake sign in your yard. What is the point of not have a working security system...ya gonna come home and watch the video? Not sure what your motive is.

sandy