Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: View from my house

The snow here is NOT all that hard. When I lived in the valley of Oregon, if we got 2" it was a sloppy wet 2" and was hard to drive in. We also had lots of hills to contend with. Here....because they have the equipment to plow the roads, we all have 4 wheel drives, we don't have hills necessarily (one we DO have is a doozy) and the snow is virtually DRY...........it's very easy to drive in! I went to the LQS yesterday, drove the pickup and NEVER put it in 4WD!!! The roads were packed with ice and snow, too!!! VERY different than the snows over where there is more moisture.
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

i live in Lebanon,Or. We always make a drive up the pass part of Christmas vacation activities. If only to go to the snow hill near Hoodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
    The snow here is NOT all that hard. When I lived in the valley of Oregon, if we got 2" it was a sloppy wet 2" and was hard to drive in. We also had lots of hills to contend with. Here....because they have the equipment to plow the roads, we all have 4 wheel drives, we don't have hills necessarily (one we DO have is a doozy) and the snow is virtually DRY...........it's very easy to drive in! I went to the LQS yesterday, drove the pickup and NEVER put it in 4WD!!! The roads were packed with ice and snow, too!!! VERY different than the snows over where there is more moisture.
    How true this is, but no good for snowballs or making snowmen with grandchildren! You have to add water, then you get icemen!
    I agree about not wanting to drive in icy snow, drier is better, but if you get a rain, then snow and cold temps can still get ice, even if snow is usually dry.
    Your tree looks so pretty with the snow and ornaments.

I am exceedingly jealous of your snow! I live in SW WA (Vancouver to be exact) and we haven't had any snow for a couple of years! It is soooo beautiful.

Beautiful pictures, I miss icicles! We got some snow in the valley but it didn't stick around.
    :-)
    CAS

Blog Entries
    Very beautiful pictures.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful scenery, reminds me of my former home in Vermont. Thank you so much for this trip down memory lane.
    Judi from Denver, aka Nonna Judi

Blog Entries
    Beautiful, what a lovely view for quilting

I had to work today, but this was the view out my office window. Merry Christmas to all!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    fatquarters

Beautiful view, fatquarters!!!!
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

I like snow but when we get a storm like a couple days ago--13 inches along with 40-50 MPH wind --with 30,000 customers with no power because of downed lines and broken tree limbs and hundreds of vehicles in ditches it is not so much fun. The snow is heavy and wet so it froze down and is very treacherous to walk or drive on and very hard to shovel and clogs up the snowblower---can you tell we are having fun!!!!!! Hope we don't get many more like this.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 LastLast