Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinegar! Any ideas?

I put a T vinegar & a T raw honey in a cup of warm water every morning

Small bowls or cups of vinegar sitting in a room will remove odors from the air such as oven smells, onions, fish etc.

I put apple cider vinegar in our pets water bowls (the big ones outside and the one in the pigeon aviary), the budgies just get a tiny drop in their small bowl. It is supposed to be good for coats, arthritis, digestion etc. I do know for sure it stops any algae or germs multiplying in the hot weather.

T.
    I have read that if you put vinegar in the water that you wash your fruits in, it'll help get rid of the bacteria etc. & keep your fruits fresh longer.

A foot doctor told me several years ago her neighbors drank vinegar everyday and their skin smelled like vinegar. They even made their little kids drink it too. She was very much against the practice.
    I would not drink it no matter how good it is for the body. Yuck, Yuck.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by omacookie View Post
    A tablespoon of vinegar will cure hick-ups.
    A teaspoon of (dry) sugar will also cure hiccups. A pinch of dry sugar will cure a baby's hiccups.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by yonnikka View Post
    This is my true story: I have cured Infected Sinus by drinking small shots of Apple Cider Vinegar for several days in a row. I take a little cup, put in one or two tablespoons of the vinegar, and add about quarter cup of water. (ratio about 1:3 or 1:4) Then, I drink it. Three or four times a day. For 4 or 5 days in a row. My sinus cleared up. I have waited few days to see if this remedy is really real... and I'm convinced. But one warning: the vinegar will "clean" your tongue so thoroughly that it will be sore, the taste buds will be in shock. Better to drink your little cups with a straw.
    What you're referring to as 'cleaning' the tongue, sounds to me like a chemical burn. Sounds like your body is warning you against doing this.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    I add a capful of apple cider vinegar to my glass of ice water in the summer. Much more refreshing than sodas.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results are your fault. Change is the wings you give yourself.

I use Bragg organic vinegar or apple vinegar. I just put some in a shot glass and down it. You can get additional information on their web site and also buy books that may answer some of your questions. www.bragg.com

I would not suggest taking apple cider vinegar undiluted, it can be quite acidic and I have a friend who read to take 2 TB and she threw up!

I take a large glass of ice water and add aprox 1 TB of ACV and drink that like I would drink ice-t ... I will do this 2-3x a day ... you can do a search 'health benefits of apple cider vinegar' and find that it is quite good for us and so many ways.

Putting ACV on your salads with olive oil is good too, I make my salads with just a bit of oil, add about 1 TB of blue cheese dressing and splash ACV over it ...
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast