Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: wallet and purse returned

Blog Entries
    While at a grocery store yesterday I had my purse with my wallet and keys stolen from the grocery cart. I had it locked in the child safety strap to no avail it was still taken. I turned my back for 3 seconds to pick up a box of rice on the bottom shelf. This morning the local police called me to tell me it had been found, everything was there except my cash and I just had gotten my check cashed. Please hang on to your purses while shopping - people are desperate! I hope it feeds some hungry kids and not used for dope and drink. In the meantime I'll get by......................

I am so sorry to hear this happened. Thank you for reminding us to wear our purse on us and not leave it in the shopping cart even for seconds.

I'm so sorry this happened. I never take my purse off my shoulder when I am in any store for just this reason. My mom puts hers in the basket and it makes me nervous. At least she only carries a credit card and only has a few dollars in cash, but still.

You are fortunate that they only took the cash, to be careful I would still contact the credit card companies and keep a careful watch out for id theft.

I carry mine across my chest. I can't afford to have mine stolen, my purse has something concealed in it. .

So sorry this happened to you. Thanks for reminding us to be careful.

Blog Entries
    (((HUGS))) I am sorry that this happened (((HUGS)))
    I agree, call your credit card company and have them change your cards and your bank to let them know what has happened.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the hugs and the thoughts. Credit cards have all been stopped and reissuing new ones, thanks for reminding me.

So sorry this happened to you. The person who took your purse has your address...you might consider changing the locks at home.

I am glad to hear you got everything back but the cash. This happened to me years ago, my 2 yr old daughter was holding my bag for me when a woman took it from her while my back was turned for a second. DD was standing right by my legs, she was holding my hand even. I never got anything back at all. It's a horrible thing to happen. Hugs

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast