Walmart frustration

Old 12-29-2010, 12:26 PM

This morning I was at WalMart and needed something in
the fabric dept of course no one to help me. SOOOOO I
rang the bell and that doesn't work!!!!. I then went to a cashier statiion and told her I would like to have some help in fabric she said she would get me someone. She did and I went back to the fabric dept and here comes this gal and says "Yeah what do you want" I told her what I wanted and then another nicer lady came and she helped me. I told her I can't understand why they can't have someone in this dept she said they do but the gal has to spread her time between fabric and stationary.Duh the stationary is way over on the other side of the store.

I then went to the TV dept just to take a look at a new tv
for the bedroom no one there either. SOOO I went to the photo lab and asked for some help and the lady said to go
over a couple ailes and there would be a lady to help me.
SOOOO I proceded over to her and told her I would like to see a 26" tv and she pointed over to the wall so we walked over there and she said they had 3 different brands. I was trying to look at them and the ones they had on display which were way up to heaven. I then asked her which one had a nice clear picture and she just shrugged and said I don't know. I then told her I would continue to look on my own.. Boy when I got home I sent the corporate office a nice nasty e-mail.
Can you believe having to go clear over to stationary to find someone to help you in fabric :x Not Me.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:31 PM

Been there ... done that ... I once asked for the manager of a store I was in ... the employee never got us a manager ... we had waited and waited and waited ... and finally asked the employee, "Is the manager coming or even here today?" and the employee said ... "Did you really want the manager?"

Seriously??? Come on if I ask for the manager, I want the manager!

Bless you hon ... may your day be better!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:33 PM

After I make a couple of requests for help and wait longer than a customer should have to, I call the store on my cell phone from the Fabric Dept and ask for help.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:35 PM

I had to go to "either the auto supply area or the sporting goods area" according to the note. The woman that helped me recently in the fabric area said corporate doesn't want to pay for staff!!!!!!!! THAT's what Walmart was built on -- never having to wait in line and having good help! I wrote to corporate - but they don't want to hear it either.....
Old 12-29-2010, 12:37 PM

Several good reasons not to shop at WalMart!!! Sorry, it had to be said...
Old 12-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Banned

Oh girl, been there, done that! I pitched what my husband calls a "hissy fit" in the middle of the Electronics department not too terribly long ago because I couldn't get someone to help me with a simple request for more information on a product they had. Finally after showing my butt and telling them I would sleep there until I got an answer that was semi-correct, they got the manager who didn't know anything! Unfortunately, I called 1-800-walmart and the lady on the phone told me all complaints go back to the store level and good luck getting them taken care of! This was from a WM employee! They have really went down hill!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

I go to the dressing room. Usually someone is there or close by. I ask them to call for me. The employees I have known to be very knowledgeable and helpful are always promoted and leave the floor! Leaving the Duhs to carry on.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:49 PM

The ONLY thing Wal-Mart is interested in is the bottom line. They put in 25 cash registers but never have more than 2 or 3 open and lines are 5 deep. I hate the place but we don't have anything else in this town. I'd love to have a Target here.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:49 PM

AH! The joys of shopping at Walmart.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

Ugh, retail! I have found that most of the time it isnt the workers fault, there just isnt enough of the workers to go around. They are trying to do 10 jobs at once. Its so sad that customer service isnt a priority anymore!