Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
walmart straight talk cell phone plan >

walmart straight talk cell phone plan

walmart straight talk cell phone plan

Old 10-11-2013, 03:52 AM

Default walmart straight talk cell phone plan

dose anybody on the board have this service if so how do you like it ? unlimited talk text and internet seems pretty basic which is all I neede everyone I know has all the rage in cell phones and a big monthly bill to boot... appreciate all opinions thanks
Old 10-11-2013, 04:03 AM
Power Poster

i have that plan with a samsung galaxy s2. i've only had it a short while and have yet to determine if the phone is defective... it seems to turn itself off at the most inconvenient times. i just haven't found the time to contact them. however, i have found that simple matters are easy to resolve with live chat. if they can't help, they give you a 'code' to call customer service. the phone service itself has been great. i had sprint i phone and the straight talk phone service is much better here where i live. my daughter lives a few counties away and she's had hers a long time and just loves it. we are both on automatic billing with a credit card. easy peasy
Old 10-11-2013, 04:57 AM

I have had this phone for years............I LOVE IT.........I also just went with their basic talk phone for 12.32 a month.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

I think there are two things to consider -- the specific cell phone, and the carrier. I believe the carrier for Straight Talk is Verizon. You really need to ask about this at the place where you would purchase, then find out if Verizon has good coverage where you live (and where you will want to call). We are very rural and Verizon service out here is not very good; it could be completely different where you live.

T-Mobile is notorious for dropped calls. However, my dd's problem with her phone cutting off and turning off turned out to be her phone. When I got her an iPhone, all of those problems stopped.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:12 AM

We have used Straight Talk from Walmart for almost a year. We have not had any problems with our phones or service. I have an LG Optimus and really like it a lot.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:12 PM

I did a ton of research at Christmastime last year when I was looking for a pay-as-you-go cell phone for my 19 year old son. I wanted him to be 100% responsible for his own bill, and he is. For him, I went with a TracFone model that adds 3x the minutes. For instance, every time he pays for 100 minutes, his account is loaded with 300 minutes. Text messages are priced at 3 texts = 1 minute. This way he's in control of how much he spends every month on his phone. If he runs out of minutes, there are no penalties or fees when he does add more minutes.

For me, I'm getting ready to dump my Verizon phone for a Republic Wireless phone. I have a dumb phone, talk and text only, and I'm paying almost $60 a month, which is absolutely ridiculous. Republic Wireless has a smart phone for $300, no contract, $19 a month unlimited talk, text, and web. It runs on wifi where available, and the Sprint network otherwise. My friend freaked out when she heard I was going to pay $300 for a phone, but when I showed her the math, she freaked out about how much SHE was paying every month, lol.

Reminds me of the conversation I had with my mom after she and dad bought an electric car. She was going on and on about this new car, and how saving $70 bucks a month on gas was such a relief. I asked her how much her new car payment was saving her on her old car payment, knowing full well what the answer was. She thought for a second, then got a stunned look on her face. Their old car had been paid off, so while the new car was saving them $70 a month in gas, it was costing them $300 a month in car payments. Doh!
Old 10-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

Reminds me of the conversation I had with my mom after she and dad bought an electric car. She was going on and on about this new car, and how saving $70 bucks a month on gas was such a relief. I asked her how much her new car payment was saving her on her old car payment, knowing full well what the answer was. She thought for a second, then got a stunned look on her face. Their old car had been paid off, so while the new car was saving them $70 a month in gas, it was costing them $300 a month in car payments. Doh![/QUOTE]

This is what floors me too. With what car payments are for the little death trap cars using less gas, how on earth can people think they are saving money. They could buy a lot of gas with those payments.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Reminds me of the conversation I had with my mom after she and dad bought an electric car. She was going on and on about this new car, and how saving $70 bucks a month on gas was such a relief. I asked her how much her new car payment was saving her on her old car payment, knowing full well what the answer was. She thought for a second, then got a stunned look on her face. Their old car had been paid off, so while the new car was saving them $70 a month in gas, it was costing them $300 a month in car payments. Doh!
i recently bought a new hybrid car, replacing my 12 mpg minivan that was 12 yrs old. i get 50 mpg now and it is totally worth it to me. i have a car that is under warranty and don't have to worry about break downs with the old one. and i don't have to stress about taking the car somewhere to take advantage of a sale. it was definitely time!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Power Poster

I have a junky really junky phone, the case fell off the back and I have duct tape over it, I buy $100/card 1x a yr. for 1,000 minutes and that's it. don't know how to text, but that's o.k. the phone can't do it either. that's how old it is
Old 10-12-2013, 05:08 AM

My son has a Straight Talk & loves it. No problems. He was using the unlimited for $45 a month but is changing to the $30 for 1000 min./ 1000 texts. He said he would be able to talk on the phone 30 minutes every day, & do 30 texts every day (with a few to spare) to use up the smaller card. He's had the high dollar contracts that are hard to get out of & says he will never go back. There is also internet service on the phone but he said he never uses that.... Google Straight Talk Walmart & there are testimonials.
Me.......I just use a trac phone. It is usually laying on the counter in my kitchen. I keep it for traveling & emergencies. I like not being at everyone's beck & call all day every day.