Want free Mahjong game

Old 12-02-2016, 07:42 PM

Default Want free Mahjong game

I would like to download Mahjong for free but know nothing about the web sites that show up when I ask for it. Can anyone tell me which one to download? I had it on my last computer (Win 7) but lost it with the new one - Windows 10.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Power Poster

i thought you were talking about a real game. I'd love a real one myself. Haven't played in about a year, but i loved playing every friday with my MIL and friends. good luck.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:09 PM

I have it on this computer, but I have not put windows 10 on, so maybe that's why. It's called Mahjong Titans and has six different shaped solitaire games.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
i thought you were talking about a real game. I'd love a real one myself. Haven't played in about a year, but i loved playing every friday with my MIL and friends. good luck.
It's nice to see another quilter who enjoys MJ. I play every Monday with friends and every other Thursday. Won 4 times yesterday....course, we don't play for money so it's just for the satisfaction. Won twice on winds. That was surprising. Too bad you are so far north because you could play with us.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
I have it on this computer, but I have not put windows 10 on, so maybe that's why. It's called Mahjong Titans and has six different shaped solitaire games.
here's a link to a free download for windows 10 http://www.kodyaz.com/articles/downl...indows-10.aspx
Old 12-03-2016, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
It's nice to see another quilter who enjoys MJ. I play every Monday with friends and every other Thursday. Won 4 times yesterday....course, we don't play for money so it's just for the satisfaction. Won twice on winds. That was surprising. Too bad you are so far north because you could play with us.
Can I play too? My husband is a Mah Jongg freak. He learned when he was five, and his family plays marathons at least once a year. They have four tables going and it's nice to see all the beautiful sets. Since we have been married (24 years), my family has learned, too. Several of my family have antique sets purchased at garage sales. I had my foster children playing when they were here. Grandchildren learn as they sit on laps and watch.

Most of the computer games are nothing like the real game, but I found one once that was a real Mah Jongg game. It got lost in the shuffle somewhere when things got changed on the computer. So now I do Soduko on the computer and play Mah Jongg with real people.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:56 AM

When I switched to 10, I got Microsoft Mahjong free. It keeps bugging me to go for the paid version, but I resist and so far, I have quite a good variety of ones to play on the free list. What makes me sick is on my old computer which WAS XP, the power supply went out and I took it to a shop that does nothing but fix computers. I told him that I only used this computer for printing things and my games . I had a great bunch of games, some Hoyle ones that were wonderful graphics. When I got it back, he had installed W7 and I had lost all of my games. I am still fuming over that one. Oh, not to mention paying $159 instead of just a new power supply.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

Why not buy the game? I haven't seen any over .99 to download. No ads, or pop ups or locked features.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Power Poster

yes, windows 10 doesn't have it for free. very irritating. MS doesn't seem to care about customers being happy. I miss it. played every time i got off the computer to relax me.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:58 PM

Here is the online Mahjong game that I really, really like--very challenging with 30 levels. http://www.mahjongdragon.com/mahjong-connect2.php