Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wanted: Fox Pelt Hat Pattern

Wanted: Fox Pelt Hat Pattern

I purchased a fox fur (no tail) to make a hat - but alas I have no pattern! Does anyone know where I can get one?

Thank you!
    AQ

Blog Entries
    well look in JoAnn's pattern books. there are hat patterns. I"m thinking a "box" hat (think that's the name) like Mrs. Kennedy used to wear when her hubby was President.

Blog Entries
    Hope you don't get paint thrown on you if you are thinking of wearing it. Fur is not really emotionally fashionable these days.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    Pill box hat pattern is what I meant. you mainly need a band and a circle for the top and then attach a tail if you get one. I'd prefer one without.
    do searches for fur pill box hats.

Happily buried in a heap of fabric in Indiana!
    Sew, sew, it's the threads that keep love together :>} I love sunbonnet sue,old-fashioned things like 1950's or older housewife things, and like hankies,tea towels and aprons . Thanks to some lovely members on here I now have lots of aprons in my collection !!

i have one made of coyote that was done by voyageur re-enactors. if you want something from another era, try googling trappers, voyageurs, re-enactors, and you might find one on one of their sites. good luck--i call mine the "coyote butt hat", and it's the warmest thing i've ever had for our northern winters!
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

If you arre looking for historical type hats check these out:
    http://www.logcabinonline.com/index1.html
    My DH used to do "mountain man" stuff and we got alot of patterns from there. He has a skunk skin hat(don't get close to him in the rain)that he wears with his period clothes.

"life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

Thanks for the tips! I moved not long after I posted and wasn't able to access the internet until now.

Yes, I do plan to wear it. I live in the Arctic where it's completely normal to wear furs and skins. Many locals make their livings from hunting and fishing. When it's -50 you want the warmest clothing available - sealskin boots and jackets topped with fur hats and mitts!

AQ