Warning computer worm

Old 02-26-2012, 06:04 AM

Default Warning computer worm

2 days ago I ran a video that I went to indirectly from this sight but because I was just meandering about, I cannot remember how I got there. It was advertising a long arm SID ruler that I really wanted to order. Well, I could not find the ruler on the site and then when I went to close it down I had a box appear that said I had gotten a worm and needed to click on a button to get rid of it. It turned out to be selling acomputer security system. I Knew this was probably a scam and just decided to back out of the progran---but I could not get out. The same box reappeared no matter what I did so I turned off the whole computer but it was still there when it rebooted. I did get out by going into "programs" and deleting it there. I really want that ruler so I tried again today and it happened again. The site is Deloasquilt shop.com. I am not sure who has done what but this is a scam to get a security system sold and if it happened to me it will also happen to others. I still really want the ruler and think the site is probably unaware that they have this problem.

Last edited by topstitch; 02-26-2012 at 06:07 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-26-2012, 06:17 AM

If you have a contact info you need to let them know. I have had this happen to me but, after restarting it was gone. You should also do a scan of your system to be sure that you did not get any type of virus or worm freom this ad. I have also had that happen to me.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

you might also run a scan with your virus protection program now. there are sites that lock you in and it's most frustrating.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

Are you running security software on your computer? If not, you should consider it. Any good security, such as Norton, would prevent this from happening. I visit Deloa's site all the time and never have a problem. I have a few of her rulers too, the boomerang guides.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:30 AM

I've ordered from Deloa's site without problems in the past so I think they would want to know you have had problems.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:52 PM

I have a good security system and made an extra scan. I got to the program very indirectly. Someone in the archives said take a look at this great LA tool and gave the you-tube address. I went there, watched the video and went to the site address that was given on You-tube that was where the worm got attached. It is fair easy to get out of but still a pest.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:07 PM

To completely rid yourself of worms & virus' try Malwarebytes.com. Download the free version and run a full scan. My computer repair place uses this program. When you see a worm happening (that popup box) try to click the Malware link on your desk top immediately and run the program. DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING ON THE POPUP BOX. Not even to try to close it. Clicking is what sets the worm free.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:10 PM

Thank you for the warning
Old 02-27-2012, 03:55 AM

Norton's used to be a good program but isn't any longer. We had Norton's and have had a major problem with a virus just this past week. Had to take our brand new computer in to get rid of it. They recommended Kaspersky's virus protection. I had never heard of it before, but apparently it's very good. Apparently, Norton's posted some information on their site about their coding which allowed hackers to get by their virus protection. Not good at all. $160 later and our computer is still acting "funny."
Old 02-27-2012, 08:07 AM

DH got a a horrible virus on his computer, destroyed everything. Norton showed the warning as the virus was destorying eveything....Norton did nothing to stop or warn before it hit. Had to wipe the computer hard drive and start over. We now have one of the best, we have heard and so far is doing a great job, it is free....Microsoft Security Essentials. Go to Microsoft on the internet...only Microsoft....it is a free download.