Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Just thought I would share this information with everyone on the board. I got an email last night in my regular email from a relative. This email claimed she was in CYPRUS and in need of $3000.00, because of a crisis situation and could I please send her the money and when she got home she would get it back to me and to NOT TELL anyone about this. So what do you think I did? I emailed the relative and gave her this information that someone was using her to scam people. I told her she should immediately notify everyone she was in contact with that she was not out of the country in CYPRUS and to not answer that email. I also ran a scan to completely go thru my computer to see if there was any activity that was suspicious. So everyone take care with this stuff going on and be careful about going to different sites.

thanks for sharing blessings ogama

That is such an old scam. It's amazing that they still do it. And it's amazing that people still fall for it. The sad part it's usually the older people who aren't familiar with the computer and internet. I have to keep on my mom because she'll believe everthing she reads.

Email scams just make me go GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Banned
    Thanks for letting everyone know.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't even think to send money requested in an email even if it had my kids names on it. By the way, I'm getting scam pms here ! The latest one if from Mrs. Joy Gardner wanting to give me millions of dollars to use for good of all. ????

Blog Entries
    sorry didn't mean to post here. Deleted.

Blog Entries
    I have also been getting a lot of strange emails from ME to me. using my email address to send me kooky, kinky crap after I was on a site someone had posted here to go to see something and it turned out to be a place I didn't ever wanted to go to. so I have had issues with that for a while. Just everyone be on the lookout that since everyone the world over can see what we write on here that scams will come. Also I think some of us might be targeted for requests for help with fabric ( I am disabled and can't get out type or have no money please help or we are trying to help this organization with quilts can you help?). Have answered some of them and sent stuff and never heard another word back even saying thank you for your generosity in helping me or (whoever)!!! We know we are kindhearted people for the most part but we are starting to get a lot of the sleazy ones trying to pull something on here now.

A lot of these type scams come from facebook where the user's info is comprimised. I happened with my nephew.

If I don't know them I do not respond to any of that kind of stuff.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast