Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Wasn't going anwhere anyway.. >
  • Wasn't going anwhere anyway..

• Wasn't going anwhere anyway..

Old 01-06-2014, 09:30 AM

About -14. Govener just declare snow emergency . Didn't want to go out , now Yahoo I'm not allowed . So, SEW, SEW, SEW . Love it !
    Old 01-06-2014, 09:53 AM

I am having a sew day! Time to play with the quilting board. Whoo hoo! Can't get out of my drive and the snowplows aren't out. Chili is on in the crockpot thanks to my hubby! Brrr.cold out there.
    Old 01-06-2014, 09:57 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

We are snowed in, school cancelled and we live out in the country, no snow plows come thru here unless we get on our tractors and do it ourselves.. lol.. SOOOOOO im hanging out at home.. lol..
    Old 01-06-2014, 10:07 AM

I'm in SW Michigan (wish all others would post their locations) and it's crazy. Snow of 16" in the front yard and temp -9 this morning. As I look out it's still a blizzard. I still work but did payroll from home and no one else at the company could make it in. I see they are already closing schools for tomorrow. Extra long Christmas break for the kids. BUT, it to cold for them to play in it!!!!!
    Old 01-06-2014, 10:10 AM

Snow day here in Northwest Ohio, My office is closed so I get the day off with PAY YIPPEE!!!
    Old 01-06-2014, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Crqltr
    I won't be going out either...we won't be plowed out any time soon. I am hoping some brave souls with four wheel drive will make a path to the high way. Not sure how it would go over if I call in again most of the people I work with live close and don't call in.
    When the company I work for pays for my car insurance, and if I can't walk on it, I dang sure am not driving on it......
    Old 01-06-2014, 11:56 AM

Was 56 here at 6AM today. Then rain. Between the two, most of all the 8+ inches of snow from last week has melted. Supposed to drop to single digits here by tomorrow AM with windchill about -20. If they don't cancel classes at the school where DH works, he'll have to be out in that tomorrow - for at least an hour or so at a clip. Did all my errands/shopping today so I don't have to venture out in that!
    Old 01-06-2014, 01:06 PM

WOW - same thing here in southern middle Missouri. Our private driveway is 1/4 mile long with 4 houses on it and we are at the dead end. Things weren't looking too good for us getting out when lo and behold, a "bobcat" with a front end loader came along and dug out one of our neighbors - he is a registered Emergency Room Nurse - and guess that the hospital needed him so bad that they sent out a snow removal crew to get his driveway cleared out to the road. That just left a little bit to our house that hasn't been cleared. But, DH has a 4x4 truck - so he should get out - we have some snow drifts as tall as the hood of my car that has to sit outside. I can see the grass in spots and the drifts are about 4 foot tall in other spots.

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
    Brrrrrrr..... -13 degrees without windchill factor at 5 a.m.this morning. We received 9 inches of snow Friday night into Saturday; our long driveway has snow drifts across it so we will be staying in by the fireplace and enjoying beef stew. I believe the State roadcrew has made one pass on the highway, at the end of our driveway, to clear what they can, but it's too cold to go down the driveway to see. I went out long enough to put sunflower seeds out for all my feathered friends. They were so cold and hungry that they did not even fly off while I filled their feeders and threw seeds on the ground for them. This afternoon I'll get started quilting a 30's reproduction quilt that I loaded in the frame last week. As long as we keep electric power I'm happy.

Hope everyone stays safe and warm.
    Old 01-06-2014, 03:52 PM

Sunday churches were closed, school is closed Monday and Tues. It's supposed to get - 65 degrees f. and that is the windchill. It is dang cold up here!!!!
    Old 01-06-2014, 05:21 PM

-15 here in central IN. School is cancelled again tomorrow. I doubt we will get to school any before Thurs or Fri, if at all this week. Our country roads are impassable in most places. It will be a couple of days before DS is able to get here to clean out our drive (our farmhouse sits way back off the road). Today I cleaned out a couple kitchen cabinets and took a long nap (did not sleep well last night due to the weather). Tomorrow I will sew. I hope all of you are warm and safe!