Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Watercolor Penicil question

Where can the Derwent(sp?) watercolor pencils? I have not seen them in any stores in this area. Staples has a watercolor penicil, Reeves?. I am thinking that the Derwent is the best and that is what I should be buying. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by judylg
    Where can the Derwent(sp?) watercolor pencils? I have not seen them in any stores in this area. Staples has a watercolor penicil, Reeves?. I am thinking that the Derwent is the best and that is what I should be buying. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.
    That should read where can I buy them? Should have checked that over before I hit the send button, by the way am in Canada if that makes a difference.

I've seen them at Hobby Lobby and Michael's

Hi-
    I found these pencils at a local artist supply store. They are also available from http://www.dickblick.com. There is also a tutorial done by Jane Knapp on the tutorial forum, great info!

Quote Originally Posted by chiaraquilts
    Hi-
    I found these pencils at a local artist supply store. They are also available from http://www.dickblick.com. There is also a tutorial done by Jane Knapp on the tutorial forum, great info!
    Dick Blick has a larger set than either Michael's or Hobby Lobby. And they often have a good sale.

Thank you! Will check out the suggestions.