Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: We had a bumpy evening with Severe weather

Blog Entries
    Well we had a severe evening weather wise. We had severe storms and tornado warnings popping up. And right when I thought things were going to pass to the north of me here in Knightdale I was told a tornado warning had been issued for Knightdale. So I went and huddled in the bathroom and you should have heard the way the rain was coming down and the way the wind was blowing and the thunder was clapping. I'll admit I was scared being home all alone in that mess.

Tornado as it was trying to touch down behind the shopping center in Knightdale.
    Name:  Attachment-33243.jpe
Views: 12
Size:  6.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Henry we live right in the middle of the tornado belt in the midwest. I have been through several tornados over the years.
    Th scariest wasn't one I was in but one that was close to where my kids were at their grandparents. That one was on the ground over a mile wide and on the ground for about 10 miles or more. It took a three story house just up the road from where my kids were and lifted it and turned it and set it back down onto the foundation. It wiped out a small town and took all the new crops out of all the fields it went through while on the ground. It took all of the cattle from the guy who lived in the house that was moved and they found some of them in Minnesota. Lots of loss of life and it was a bad time.

I know how scary they are!! I'm glad you came through it alright!!!

That is one thing I hate about this time of year. The really bad weather.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by henryparrish76
    Well we had a severe evening weather wise. We had severe storms and tornado warnings popping up. And right when I thought things were going to pass to the north of me here in Knightdale I was told a tornado warning had been issued for Knightdale. So I went and huddled in the bathroom and you should have heard the way the rain was coming down and the way the wind was blowing and the thunder was clapping. I'll admit I was scared being home all alone in that mess.
    I just read in computer headlines about a 130 mph HORIZONTAL tornado in the south. Sounded horrible. Sounds like you made it - hope so!

In the middle of the forest, In The middle of North Carolina
    Glad you are alright. It went right by us here in Montgomery Co. NC. Living near the lakes, we usually get it. but not this time, thank goodness.

Ninnie

Blog Entries
    Glad you are safe too Ninnie.

The Bell Tower at NC State University got hit by lightening. It damaged the facade and stopped the clock. There is yellow tape up around it to keep people from getting too close.

Don't like all the scary weather! Not fun at all. I have a small dog who trembles when there are thunder storms in the area! Not fun! She goes and huddles in the bathroom! :?

Blog Entries
    I hear ya. My two dogs werent happy they huddled in the bathroom with me.

So glad you are okay, can't imagine how scary that must be.

So pleased your safe & sound Henry - & your dogs too bless them.

Tisha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast