We may get 30 below but...

Old 10-04-2011, 09:57 PM

I know everyone always thinks of North Dakota as the frozen state but even though we have bad winters once in awhile we do get lucky. We've been having Indian Summer for the last couple of weeks & the temps have been in the 80's. One day it got to 90 & broke the old record. Today it was 86 & should be about the same tomorrow. It has been just beautiful & I've been enjoying it but I know it will all come to an end someday soon but for now we're not the "frozen state"! The colors of the leaves are just awesome.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:16 PM

We drove through the country yesterday going to and from a funeral. It was gorgeous weather and the colors of the trees and land were so spectacular. We live in a unique micro climate between two rivers and we see the same temps in winter that you get way up there in ND while most areas north of us are warmer in winter. We both know that what we are experiencing right now could change in a heartbeat so it's great that you too are enjoying it while it lasts. Hope you have a short mild winter this year!

PS...it was 90 here today ;)
Old 10-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Jim

I dont look forward to winter ....I despise cold snow sleet fallen leaves naked trees and no flowers blooming outside....I don't complain about summers heat but I sure give a good loud complaint about winters...lol
Old 10-05-2011, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jim
I dont look forward to winter ....I despise cold snow sleet fallen leaves naked trees and no flowers blooming outside....I don't complain about summers heat but I sure give a good loud complaint about winters...lol
What happened to that positive attitude? Beautiful snow, fresh air, snowmen! Can you come up with more?
Old 10-05-2011, 03:29 AM

Glad to hear you are enjoying the weather. Every state has a bad side and a good side to it. I lived in Indiana til I was 27 and have been in Ohio for 40 they are so much a like . I would love to see North Dakota.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:50 AM
Power Poster

I love the fall weather. We have been having braautiful weather. If only we could get some rain.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by quilticing
Originally Posted by Jim
What happened to that positive attitude? Beautiful snow, fresh air, snowmen! Can you come up with more?
I'm in Minnesota and I try to be positive. Add to the list short cuts across frozen lakes, snow days from work and school, game night when everyone is stuck at home, the silence of a heavy snow, the crackle and warmth of a fireplace, hand quilting with a warm quilt in you lap...
Old 10-05-2011, 04:32 AM

I'm in Southern Ontario and we also have been enjoying a lovely few days of Indian Summer. Thought for certain, that the wind and rain over last weekend would have stripped the trees but we still have a lot of colour. I love driving towards Toronto and seeing the clouds of orange and rust and gold on the escarpment.

I do not enjoy autumn once the leaves are gone and the grey days set it. And I have to admit that I am with Jim on winter weather.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:42 AM

My favorite seasons are spring and fall because of the beautiful colors and the delightful temperatures. Summer is my next in line is summer, even if I do fuss when we have weeks and weeks of 100+ and no rain. Winter is a necessary evil, but thankfully here in my part of Texas freezing temps are usually not that frequent and are interspersed with mild days.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:54 AM

I am ready for summer to be over and hoping for a rainy fall. Everyone in Texas needs rain so desperately! Love Spring, Fall and Winter. The drought brought fall colors early; pretty much everywhere we've traveled in Texas was already beige and brown by August.