Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
We Must Stop This Immediately! funny!!!! >

We Must Stop This Immediately! funny!!!!

We Must Stop This Immediately! funny!!!!

Old 09-02-2011, 07:37 AM

Have you noticed that stairs are getting steeper . Groceries are heavier ... And, everything is farther away. Yesterday I walked to the corner and I was dumbfounded to discover how long our street had become!

And, you know, people are less considerate now, especially the young ones. They speak in whispers all the time! If you ask them to speak up they just keep repeating themselves, endlessly mouthing the same silent message until they're red in the face! What do they think I am, a lip reader?

I also think they are much younger than I was at the same age. On the other hand, people my own age are so much older than I am. I ran into an old friend the other day and she has aged so much that she didn't even recognize me.

I got to thinking about the poor dear while I was combing my hair this morning, and in doing so, I glanced at my own reflectionwell, REALLY NOW - even mirrors are not made the way they used to be!

Another thing, everyone drives so fast these days! You're risking life and limb if you happen to pull onto the freeway in front of them. All I can say is, their brakes must wear out awfully fast, the way I see them screech and swerve in my rear view mirror.

Clothing manufacturers are less civilized these days. Why else would they suddenly start labeling a size 10 or 12 dress as 18 or 20? Do they think no one notices? The people who make bathroom scales are pulling the same prank. Do they think I actually 'believe' the number I see on that dial? HA! I would never let myself weigh that much! Just who do these people think they're fooling?

I'd like to call up someone in authority to report what's going on -- but the telephone company is in on the conspiracy too: they've printed the phone books in such small type that no one could ever find a number in there!

All I can do is pass along this warning:
WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!

Unless something drastic happens, pretty soon everyone will have to suffer these awful indignities.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO WE CAN GET THIS CONSPIRACY STOPPED!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:42 AM

LOL LOL LOL

thank you for the good old fashioned laugh!

Hugs
Old 09-02-2011, 07:42 AM

Way to funny! I always look forward to your posts, they are great!! Keep it up.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:44 AM

Are you talking about me? Oh my I think so.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:46 AM

Yes, I've noticed that too. Lately my friends and I noticed that the mountain trail we used to trot up has been lengthened and the trail now goes over a very steep hill that they've changed our favorite trail to, and with all the people in the world using up most of oxogen, we have to wheeze and gasp for enough to keep us going. I'm going to write to someone in authority and complain about them about this, plus all the scenery is becoming more distant all the time so I can hardly see where I'm driving lately.
SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:47 AM

Great, Ditter! Another "pass-along".
Old 09-02-2011, 08:00 AM

I'm glad I am not the only one...
Old 09-02-2011, 08:02 AM

I wanted to thank you for this information. I have been noticing these things in the last few years but thought I was the only one. I imagined that it might be Aliens or my DH playing tricks on me but now I know I am not the only one.
Please post that phone number or email for complaints when you find it. (email would be best since they have spell check)
Old 09-02-2011, 08:07 AM

That is why I moved to the country so everything under attack and going to fast will slow down. At least until harvest time and I dont have a farm. :lol: :thumbup:
Old 09-02-2011, 08:18 AM

LOL! Good one!