Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: We weathered Irene

On Saturday night weather reports were that when Irene hit our area the winds would be between 50-65 so I knew we would be OK as we've weathered many storms like that. Rain did come down heavy in sheets and the winds were blowing but mostly it was just a heavy rain storm for us.

Township had residents in a low lying area evacuate and suggested that anyone who has had flooding in the past to evacuate also. We did lose power on and off around midnight on Sat. but Irene just left some small branches and lots of leaves on the ground in our area. We lost our cable TV, internet and phone for all of Sunday until about 3 am Monday morning. Boy did I miss my contact with the outside world. Just hope everyone else had as few problems as we did. May in Jersey

Glad to know you;re ok May in Jersey

Blog Entries
    Glad you and your family are safe

Power Poster
    Glad your safe!

Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad it wasn't as bad as they first predicted. Glad your okay and hope everyone else is too.
    :thumbup:

I have been waiting to hear from all of you that weathered the storm! Glory be to God, so far everyone is ok!

Glad to hear you are all OK. Don't we get addicted to all our electronic gadgets? We have 2 laptops and don't leave home without them.

Blog Entries
    so happy you are okay, thanks for letting us know

Quote Originally Posted by May in Jersey
    On Saturday night weather reports were that when Irene hit our area the winds would be between 50-65 so I knew we would be OK as we've weathered many storms like that. Rain did come down heavy in sheets and the winds were blowing but mostly it was just a heavy rain storm for us.

Township had residents in a low lying area evacuate and suggested that anyone who has had flooding in the past to evacuate also. We did lose power on and off around midnight on Sat. but Irene just left some small branches and lots of leaves on the ground in our area. We lost our cable TV, internet and phone for all of Sunday until about 3 am Monday morning. Boy did I miss my contact with the outside world. Just hope everyone else had as few problems as we did. May in Jersey

Glad you made it ok. I'm still waiting to hear from relatives I have in Ocean City, Somerspoint area.

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear you are ok. I am north of you in new england. It was not too bad. I did not even lose power. But there were lots who did. No work today as no power there.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast