Weight Watchers

Old 04-09-2011, 03:29 AM

Anyone doing Weight Watchers? I am thinking about joining and trying to decide whether to do the meetings or the online version. Any pros/cons of each?
Old 04-09-2011, 03:49 AM

I did weightwatchers on line-worked for me-I hate going to meetings! And with the price of gas, anything that would save me from having to make a special trip is good! There is a calculator for points right on the website, which is a good thing, as well as lots of recipes and hints. You also do your food journal online.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:51 AM

I've been doing the Weight Watchers program online for a year. I've lost 66 pounds.

I think it depends on you, your needs and your lifestyle, whether you will do better with meetings or online will be enough.

If I start to falter with just online support, I can go to meetings. It's my failsafe support.

Good luck to you.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:46 AM

online is working for me. I don't like crowds ;-)
Old 04-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

My friend is on WW online. She showed me the site and let me read through. She needs lots of support and I knew I wouldn't use the site much at all but I did like the program. The WW points plus is a great way to eat for the whole family not just the dieter. All fresh vegetables and fresh fruits are 0 so you fill up on those and have your points to eat what you want. The other foods went up in points so it equals out from the old WW plan where vegs and fruits had a point value. I bought the WW new points plus calculator from Ebay and not eating more then 26 points a day is the main thing to know.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:40 AM

I did WW online a few years ago and it worked for me but the price turned me off. I'm now using www.sparkpeople.com which is free. It has everything WW has as far as tracking nutrition, exercise, weight, recipes. The only difference is that it gives you a calorie range rather than points. I find that easier anyway as you don't have to calculate points.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:28 AM

I must say when I did WW, I gained 10 pounds!! They kept saying "you have to eat so many fruits/veggies/grain etc each day" and I kept telling them that I had never eaten that much food in a day my entire life. They said I had to stick to the plan and eventually it would kick in and I'd lose. Well, I kept gaining a pound each week and they said I was doing something wrong -that I wasn't following 'The Plan'. After a 10 lb gain, I quit. Or I should say, I TRIED to quit. They said I would have to pay a penalty for backing out early. Never never again with these programs!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:32 AM

there some other reviews in this thread: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-111518-1.htm

I like it. I'm losing about 1-2 lbs per week which is good. I have a group at work & we support each other. The meetings work better for me (I'm treating as a food addict anonymous sort of thing)

I've lost about 15 lbs per week (and I don't exercise)
Old 04-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
My friend is on WW online. She showed me the site and let me read through. She needs lots of support and I knew I wouldn't use the site much at all but I did like the program. The WW points plus is a great way to eat for the whole family not just the dieter. All fresh vegetables and fresh fruits are 0 so you fill up on those and have your points to eat what you want. The other foods went up in points so it equals out from the old WW plan where vegs and fruits had a point value. I bought the WW new points plus calculator from Ebay and not eating more then 26 points a day is the main thing to know.
Correction .. not all the other foods went up in PPVs

Plus keep in mind that with the new PPV calculations, you really can't compare old Points with the new PPVs. Also the minimal DPPT is NOT 26. It's higher!

WW stuff on eBay is highly priced ... just go to a meeting location and you can purchase it there, member or not.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by redkimba
there some other reviews in this thread: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-111518-1.htm

I like it. I'm losing about 1-2 lbs per week which is good. I have a group at work & we support each other. The meetings work better for me (I'm treating as a food addict anonymous sort of thing)

I've lost about 15 lbs per week (and I don't exercise)

Fifteen pounds per week?