Weird dreams...

Old 01-13-2011, 08:58 AM

I have weird dreams too - I think mine got really weird after I had my hysterectomy and started on estrogen. At least thats my story and I am sticking to it....
Old 01-13-2011, 09:00 AM

If I get awakened then go back to sleep I have crazy dreams too. Perhaps that's what you're doing. The mind gets activated before the body's ready to kick in so when you go back to sleep the mind does a "cruising through the crazies" for a while.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
glad no one asked what are dial up phones?? i remember those. messed up fingernails.
roflol! I could definitely be telling my age couldn't I?
Old 01-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

I have had vivid dreams my whole life. I agree with Murphy that they are good for us.
Just last week one of my sons told me he writes his down every morning as soon as he wakes up b/c he's looking for a pattern that may come to light.
Some of mine make sense and some don't. My hubby never remembers his but I always do, at least I remember a lot of them. I wish there were experts who could help me with them.
I find dreams fascinating.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:07 AM

From a small child living on a hard scrabble farm, I've had the same dream, of living in a big Victorian house. Never saw the outside of it, but I know the inside of it very well. A few weeks after my Number two sister died, I dreamed that she had moved into MY house and took me to show off the new drapes for the dining room she'd made. After that I didn't grieve for her so much, I knew that after her long battle with leukemia she was finally at rest. Never dreamed about her again, but what is odd, the dining room drapes she told me she made stayed the same.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy
Dreams are actually a good thing. It is a way we can safely let out something that is on our mind. Don't be afraid to sleep. Embrace the dream and look at what it is trying to tell you.
I agree...but I sure hope that telephones don't come back as sock monkeys. LOL.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:53 PM

I used to have really strange dreams all the time. I don't remember them anymore....maybe one or two a year. I don't think I sleep right, I always have a hard time waking up and can sleep through an alarm clock going off right next to my head. I'd rather have your dreams!!!!! :lol:
Old 01-13-2011, 05:35 PM

Mall
To dream that you are at the mall, represents your attempts in making a favorable impression on someone. You are trying to establish your identity and sense of self. The mall is also symbolic of materialism and the need to keep up with the trends, fads, and/or the latest technology.

Telephone - problem communicating or avoiding someone?

check out this link - dream dictionary
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/
Old 01-13-2011, 06:04 PM

Usually I just dream about silly stuff, but I've had some doozies lately!

For example, couple of days ago I dreamed that I was with a group of people ... adult students, perhaps. We were taking some kind of test, but it wasn't an ordinary test. It was more like an I.Q. test. A handful of people passed, including me (somehow! LOL!). But the test wasn't what it appeared to be. We were being tested to see if we had unusual abilities (?), and those who passed were soon to be "guinea pigs" of some kind of terrible scientific experiments! :shock:

I, and a few of the others, managed to escape, and we were running, with gun-carrying guards right on our heels. I managed to elude them for a few minutes, and then I saw my mother's husband (whom I don't care for, even in real life) waiting with a car. Yes!!! But instead of helping me escape, he betrayed me, and helped them catch me again! :evil:

Somehow I once again managed to escape, and was running as fast as I could ...

... and that's when I woke up, adrenaline-hyped and a little freaked out! :lol:

If I do have some kind of unusual abilities, I sure would like to know about it! ROFL!
Old 01-14-2011, 04:42 AM

well I know who I am....and I like her! I'm not trendy. I couldn't begin to tell you what is in style.....I can tell you what's comfortable though. It could be technology.....dh and I were talking about things earlier and one of my dreams has always been to live in Montana....where its wild and rugged. He said it wouldn't matter...there were satelites that could focus in on anyone, anywhere. That's the night I dreamed about the mall. The phone one......my mother and I have been estranged for years. I wish it could be different but have accepted that it probably never will be. I've also had an ex boyfriend almost stalking me.....from 25 years ago!