Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Went to Lancaster Quilt Show Yesterday, now I'm in trouble... >

Went to Lancaster Quilt Show Yesterday, now I'm in trouble...

Went to Lancaster Quilt Show Yesterday, now I'm in trouble...

Old 03-18-2011, 03:41 AM

OMG!!! I had never been before! My DDIL went with me. She paints and was interested in how she could interpret quilt designs into painting; so we had a ball. I expressed to her I was interested in scoping out LAQ machines. She didn't even know what one was till we watched a demonstration and she convinced me to try one out. Now I am HOOKED! I GOTTA HAVE one :!: :roll: In looking at all those beauties hanging on the walls, I realize my work is just "schmuck" in comparison. When we first got to the convention center and were waiting for the hall to open, a lady fell down the stairs and had to be taken away in an ambulance. I heard her gasp as she started falling. We all felt so bad. Of course later I said to my DDIL, "I hope she is okay so she can get to the show and see what she missed." My DDIL just said, "Well, leave it to you....." Anyhow, I am doing research on LAQs.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:44 AM

We went to that show too. Almost left early feeling very disappointed because we didn't know there was more on 2nd and 3rd floor!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:20 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like a fun day, except for the poor lady who fell! I have never even seen a LA machine work, I bet it is really neat....hope you get one!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:25 AM

I know what you mean, once you see all those beautiful quilts and then look at your own work, but remember yours a made with lots of love and no one can put a price on that!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-171293.gif  
Old 03-18-2011, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Sounds like a fun day, except for the poor lady who fell! I have never even seen a LA machine work, I bet it is really neat....hope you get one!
Oh, I am sooooo hooked. I had never seen one work either except on videos. I can't believe how simple it is. I don't know if I could ever master the feathers but I did a cool radiating box type thing. I didn't know that it stitched as you move the carriage; I thought you had to use a pedal in conjunction with the carriage movement. But they are so expensive.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:12 AM

If you get one you will be even more hooked. I fell in love the minute I used one at a show also, then oh my, I got a HQ16 (yes not as big as some of those at shows) but true heaven, sure beats sitting with the quilt over my shoulder and feeding it through that throat of the machine. Good luck on your research, if you haven't yet, check out yahoo groups on the machines that interest you, try many, go to shops that have them, test drive as many as you can. They are an investment and get what you want and can afford the first time.

Enjoy your research.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:57 AM

I will be in Lancaster next month so sorry to miss the show..but plan on hitting a few fabric shops-
Diana Swihart
Tranquil Quilting
Jackson, MI
Old 03-18-2011, 09:54 AM

Well, folks, I did it. I went into my Husqvarna Viking Dealer and bought the floor model Viking 18x8 (or whatever it is called). She is ordering a new table for it, 10' long, which will be ample for me. I will pick it up sometime next week when she gets it all taken apart. 10% off the already sale price and 2 year no interest financing. Now I am measuring rooms to see if I can keep from putting it in my large bedroom. If I put it in the spare bedroom aka auxiliary sewing room, then I can shut the door at Easter and no one needs know it is in there. :roll: :roll:
Old 03-18-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by DianaSwi
I will be in Lancaster next month so sorry to miss the show..but plan on hitting a few fabric shops-
Diana Swihart
Tranquil Quilting
Jackson, MI
Diana, if you plan on going to Morgantown to Hayloft Fabrics, PM me, I only live about 10 minutes from there. By the way, I am originally from Michigan, and my brother & niece live in DeWitt, not too far from Jackson. I would love to meet you.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Well, folks, I did it. I went into my Husqvarna Viking Dealer and bought the floor model Viking 18x8 (or whatever it is called). She is ordering a new table for it, 10' long, which will be ample for me. I will pick it up sometime next week when she gets it all taken apart. 10% off the already sale price and 2 year no interest financing. Now I am measuring rooms to see if I can keep from putting it in my large bedroom. If I put it in the spare bedroom aka auxiliary sewing room, then I can shut the door at Easter and no one needs know it is in there. :roll: :roll:
Wow! It didn't take you long to decide to get it and then get it! :-D
I'd never be able to get one as it would take me forever just to decide to get one, to decide which one, to decide how to pay for it, to decide where to put it, to decide how many quilts I would have to make to justify getting one, etc!
Congratulations!
:-D