Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Westminster - your favorite? >

Westminster - your favorite?

Westminster - your favorite?

Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 AM

Not sure about your whiskered Fido dog but I am in love with Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. As I was afraid of dogs for years (was badly bitten by an Afghan) this is a big step for me. Two weeks ago, Molly (my avatar) became a Canadian champion and is the first black and tan in Canada to have points towards her grand championship. My daughter has not shown in the States yet but maybe Westminster is on her list some day.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:01 AM

The rest of the show is on tonight! Don't forget to watch!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

oh the tiny pomerainian (spelling) was so cute. tiny legs going so fast. cute. love them all actually!!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:05 AM

I loved the sheep dog, told my sweetie it was a winner and sure enough. I am a big german shephard lover, my best fur baby and companion is a shephard, but for some reason I didn't care for the one in the show. He seemed to walk funny to me and the coloring and markings were not very pretty, IMHO.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:11 AM

We have had three bassets so I was thrilled that the basset placed second in the hound group. They are such loveable dogs, but after having a lab I don't think we will have any more bassets. My DH always says you can teach a basset today and have to re-teach him tomorrow. They are such big sweeties. Love all the dogs. Looking forward to tonight.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 AM

My favorite purebred is the OESD. I have had two females. Runners up would be the Irish Wolfhound and West Highland White Terrier. That being said, if I ever adopt another dog, it will definitely be a rescue dog. My mixed breed dog Stitches (see my avatar), was the most intelligent, affectionate gentle soul. We lost him this past September, two weeks shy of his 18th birthday.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:16 AM

One look at my avatar should answer this question - undoubtly - I love French Bulldogs - I have 3 and they are our world - since its just me and hubby at home - they provide us with unlimited entertainment and love.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

I love toy poodles. I haven't watched the show in a couple years. I really like any small hairy dog. My avatar Cookie is a Chihuahua, I believe I saved her life. She is smart but, only works well in a one pet family. I have three cats, one won't go anywhere near her. The other two tolerate her. I had the cats years before her. Over the years I had four toy poodles and one mixed breed. If I live long enough I will go back to toy poodles.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:10 PM

I have hand raised my little girl since she was 8 hours old, she is now 10 years old and she is my 95 pound baby. She is a Japanese Akita, and she does believe she is human. So this is my way of telling you who my favorites are.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:23 AM

Love the Westminster Dog Show. my brother in law has a female Alfin Pencer. Nice little dog. We have a Black Lab that
was given to us. All trained and so good. ( Black Powder Rose !!. I can remember when there wasn't such a thing as
a pedigree dog in NNY. Everyone had a mix breed. There is no dog as obedient or faithful as a mix breed. But we do
love our Powder.
Flo in NNY