Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading now?

I love Lynn Kurland books they are romance books with time travel,you might check our her web sight.There is romance,suspence,funny. There are a couple with ghosts from past family members that make a lot of havic for one young lady. I have read all of her books and can't wait for a new one.They take place in Scottland or England.Some time travel from Scotland to America. I have a hard time putting them down once i start one.She has a time line of family members who married and continues the story.
    peanutbrittle

I am reading through a series of 22 books about murder mysteries set in the 1600's which have as a main character Sister Fidelma, a highly trained lawyer who also knows church law. There is an international Sister Fidelma fan club. They are excellent. By Tremayne. I tried to read JK Rowling's newest book, an adult fiction, but it was so vulgar I turned it back into the library. The language was atrocious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justme CA View Post
    Thank you for the information on the Martin books. I loved Pillars of the Earth and am reading the trilogy by the same author (Ken Follette) Fall of Giants, now Winter of the World and the third is being written. They are about World War II from the viewpoints of four families one in Russia, Germany, United States and England. Well written and fascinating showing the varying attitudes. Long books too!
    I think I should also warn you that the Martin books are graphic----lots of battles with swords and axes etc but that era was a harsh time if history is correct. There are tons of characters to love or hate. There are indexes so you can keep the families straight. He introduces new characters in each book but some continue all the way through. I enjoyed them but there is at least one more as he left the reader hanging in five.
    Mary
    Mary
    Quilts cover us with warmth and love!
    Make quilts not war

Blog Entries
    I just finished A Light Between the Oceans. It is about a light house keeper on an island off the coast of Australia. His wife miscarries 3 times and then an infant washes ashore in a boat. I couldn't put it down!

I read recipes and quilting books.

I'm reading Imitation in Death by J.D. Robb today, then going to move onto some Dana Stabenow. I always stick to the mysteries and thrillers. My fav authors are James Patterson, Evanovitch, Stabenow, Greg Isles, JD Robb, Stephen King, etc. I can't stand romances or sugary stories. Same with my tv watching, it's NCIS, Bones, Criminal Minds, Cold Case, Castle, CSI, Body of Proof, etc. I also download alot of free books onto my IPad. I have discovered a couple of new authors I like thru the free books. I have not tried calibre-ebook yet, thanks for the link.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

I love reading books by Debbie Macomber. The Inn at Rose Harbor is a good one.

I enjoy amish history and amish romance I also enjoy Beth Wiseman, Jeannette Oakes, Colleen Coble, and other female Christian writers. I have a Kindle and download my books from my Metropolitan Library here in Oklahoma City. Going in for major surgery on Tuesday morning (1-29 at 7:00 a.m.) so I will be getting a lot of reading done over the next month or so.

Another avid reader here, Love Maeve Binchy, John Grisham, Stephen King, Jodi Picoult and others...

Currently reading Defending Jacob
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

The Nineteenth Wife

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast