Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading now?

I just got hooked on the Warriors series about warrior cats. Its kids books but have read several series of kids books that were exceptionally good.
    The first one was free now I find there are many more in the series and they cost.

Here are my latest reads: Sarah's Key by Tatania de Rosnay, Fifty shades of grey, Fiffty shades Darker, Fifty shades freed (all 3 novels were a gift my girlfriends gave me for my birthday). Blood and Thunder, the epic story of Kit Carson by Hampton Sides. Human Traces by Sebastian Faulks. I love to read. Especially historical based novels. This is a fun thread. Thanks for sharing everybody!

I love-love Ann B .Ross and the antics of Miss Julia. if you love to laugh you would love these

Blog Entries
    I read this book and it was really good!
    Quote Originally Posted by May in Jersey View Post
    Although I only began reading "Sarah's Key" yesterday afternoon I'm about 2/3's through it already. Story unfolds in chapters alternating between France in 1942 and present day France. I belong to a small quilt/book group within my guild and this book is the most interesting book on our list in a long time.

Blog Entries
    I am reading the Voyager by Diana Gabaldon - The outsider was the first book, I did not like the second book, but this third book is really good so far...three chapters in...

I just finished Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - totally intriguing and thought provoking!
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Blog Entries
    I'm doing my annual re-read of The Lord of the Rings.
    Courtesy is not optional.

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
    I am reading the Voyager by Diana Gabaldon - The outsider was the first book, I did not like the second book, but this third book is really good so far...three chapters in...
    I love the Outlander series. I have read then all and have them all. I don't buy books very often but I did with this series. In early December, my DD and I got to meet Diana Gabaldon and Graham McTavish who plays Dougal McKenzie in the STARZ TV series of the Outlander. What a rush that was!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertaMarie View Post
    Just finished re-reading the Earlene Fowler series of Benni Harper mysteries, starting out with "Fool's Puzzle" and ending with "Broken Dishes". Her titles are all quilt block names. I had read them years ago, and although I remembered all the characters, I had forgotten some of the plots and the outcome, so I enjoyed them again. I am now reading a series by James Doss. I have read the Elm Creek series too. Jan Karon is one of my favorite authors, and my husband collects hundreds of misc. books by top selling authors, so I am never out of books to read. Happy reading my quilting friends. Both are GOOD for us!! '-)
    Has Earlene Fischer come out with any new books? Loved benni Harper series!

Blog Entries
    Oh gosh, I started one on my fourth great grandmother from Texas, Obedience Fort Smith. I haven't gotten very far though. Tons of info and people to get through.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast