Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What car did you learn to drive in?

I learned in my brothers Rambler.
    The floorboards were rusted out in spots and rain and snow would blow in. Then a few months later we noticed the center of the car was sagging. It finally cracked in half. What a wreck. :-)

But I got a Ford Falcon soon after and LOVED it. That car ran on fumes....I hardly ever put gas in it.

1971 ? Toyota Corona with a stick shift. Loved that car - didn't use much gas and easy to park. After that I had a 1969 Chevelle - big car but loved that too.

Mom's '72 Chevy Malibu. And brother's '69 Dodge Dart.

Learned to drive a stick on then spouse's '67 Mustang and brother-in-law's brand new '78 Plymouth Arrow.

Would not mind having any of those cars now....

Okay laying it right out there, LOL. I was born June 26, 1971. Turned 16 on June 26, 1987, but learned to drive in a 1971 Ford Grand Torino. Mom old car that she parked when she got a new one. Dad and I rebuilt the engine and the day mom was to take it to get license, daddy pulled an 8 foot black snake out from under the hood. Needless to say, before driving I always checked under the seats and over the visors.

I always laughed that the car was as old as I was. When I left for college, we parked it and it has never been moved again. Would love to pull it out, de-snake it and get it running again.

Sheila

Quote Originally Posted by fabric-holic
    I learned in my brothers Rambler.
    The floorboards were rusted out in spots and rain and snow would blow in. Then a few months later we noticed the center of the car was sagging. It finally cracked in half. What a wreck. :-)

But I got a Ford Falcon soon after and LOVED it. That car ran on fumes....I hardly ever put gas in it.
    I learned to drive in a 78 cadillac... My pappy and Daddy said if I can drive the "tank", I can drive anything!!! :lol:

1974, Gremlin, red 4 speed; I didn't even know how to pump gas! LOL!! I paid for it myself, 700$.

mine was a 57 chevy,lol

Pam
    I had a 1967 Mercury Monterey. A massive "boat" of a 2 door car. These doors were so long and so heavy it was unbelieveable. I had to parK in the back of the parking lot so that I could open the doors far enough to get out. It did not have AC and the headliner was loose, so when you drove at high speeds with the windows down, the headliner bowed and and nestled right around your head like some giant plack "pillow hat".

I learned on a 1960 Volkswagon.

1968 Chevy Caprice

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast