Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What did you do on this beautiful day????? >

What did you do on this beautiful day?????

What did you do on this beautiful day?????

Old 10-10-2010, 05:37 PM

I've been watching the baseball division playoffs on TV and piecing crumb blocks.
I did venture outside long enough to work out the kinks.
Sharon W.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:47 PM
EC

Yard sale, lunch, then about a mile walk to the local farm for a hayride to the pumpkin patch with SIL and 3 of our granddaughters and a trip through the hay maze. Dinner, apple crisp.....granddaughter sleeping over. Can't beat it!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:49 PM

I spent part of my day doing housework, becuase i was ill yesterday and didn't do it then. I spent the rest of the day cutting out my cat napper quilts for the animal shelter so that I can start sewing them next week during my free time. My husband has been away for 8 days and will be back next Friday. the peacefulness and solitude at home has been nice. Just me, fabric, sewing machine and my felines. It has been so lovely.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:19 PM

My Husband drove me up to Astoria, Oregon for the day of shopping and dinner at the WetDog cafe. It is my B-day today!! :lol:
:XD:
Old 10-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
My Husband drove me up to Astoria, Oregon for the day of shopping and dinner at the WetDog cafe. It is my B-day today!! :lol:
:XD:
Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like it was a good one.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
It wasn't a beautiful day here... rain, rain, rain. However, I did get a pattern written and made a big turkey dinner for my dh. He is getting ready to deploy and since he will be missing Thanksgiving and Christmas, I thought I would surprise him with a special dinner. He will be eating turkey left-overs for a week.
God bless your husband and may He keep him in the palm of His hand and God bless you for planning such a great dinner for your OAO! (One and Only!) Please thank your husband from all of us here!!! Edie
Old 10-11-2010, 02:54 AM

On Sunday 10/10/10, We went to the Gumbo Cookoff in New Iberia, Louisiana. Our SIL's company won second place in their gumbo category. It was delicious. It was "wall-to-wall people, so we ate and ran. Crowds give me the heebie-jeebies. Then in the afternoon, we celebrated our daughter's 47th birthday. Yep, she was a 10/10 baby.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:24 AM

sounds like everyone had an awesome week end! Sat. I played in the garden, planting tulip bulbs for next spring and digging rocks (I found some big ones!)

We took delivery of a gorgeous custom made tv stand for our tv we bought last year (we had it on an old coffee table). Of course, that means cleaning the entire downstairs because once you start one room- the next needs it too.

yesterday- took my Dad, age 78 to breakfast for his birthday. got home too late to make church (S-L-O-W service at the restaurant, so disappointed). Cleaned up the cars a bit and off to the last car cruise of the season. Awesome day in the sun and then home to wait for our little man, Zack, age 2 to come over. We played for 3 hours while his Mom and Dad bowled. But as usual, they took him home and our week end was over.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:43 AM

Ate breakfast with my FIL in the hospital, helped son with homework, met my new great niece (9 weeks old), sat with my FIL, helped son with homework, watched a little baseball and read a few pages of Janet Evanovich's Wicked appetite and helped son with homework. See a pattern of my life lately? I would have rather been doing anything with fabric!
Old 10-13-2010, 11:07 PM

I went to deep water aerobics class, then came home and cooked breakfast,watched the soaps and cleaned house. DD and I bought a treadle sewing machine cabinet,had dinner @ Red Robin and came home.