What to do in the heat

Old 07-25-2011, 09:28 PM

Okay so our house is a little crazy. Our oldest leaves at 5:00 a.m. with our church youth group for Canada. My husband handles the kids being away poorly he doesn't like it. All three of the kids were very tight knit this afternoon which was great to see.
With the heat we have been hiding indoors during the day and doing things late at night like taking the dog for a walk if the humidity is down. Tonight the 2 younger kids were wired up knowing their big brother was leaving. I jumped into thier game of doctor. We made gross sounds into the stethascope and bandaged each other up with tissues ribbon popsicle sticks and scotch tape. Eventually that wore down. In a moment of silliness I took tape and taped the kids faces making them look piggish and contorted. My husband just shook his head- We had fun though. So- what do you do in when it is hot out and you're all tired of being cooped up?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:36 PM

Sit in the pool with a glass of iced tea! Sounds like you had a great day! Good for you, making memories, you did take pictures, right?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:31 PM

Sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc...sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc....sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc....sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc....sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc....sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc....sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc...sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc........
Old 07-25-2011, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by tellabella
Sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc...sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc....sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc....sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc....sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc....sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc....sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc...sew, computer, cook, clean, wash, etc........
Lol....DITTOOOOOO!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:59 PM

My eldest daughter teaches 6th grade, so I grade papers, photo copy and file for her. The school has air conditioning and I don't. (They went year round this year.)
Old 07-25-2011, 11:05 PM

I used to take my nephews to indoor things where it was air conditioned: children's programs at the library, the childrens' museum, or a special movie they wanted to see. All three of those places have a reputation for being nice and cold in the summer. Then, we would go and play in the slip and slide on the lawn.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:34 AM

Great memories to remember! I hope you got pictures!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:22 AM

All my kids are grown and left; bck in the day, we use to play 'hide and seek' and scrabble. I also restricted their TV times, and they weren't too excitied about that.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Painiacs
Great memories to remember! I hope you got pictures!!!
Unfortunatley we had just packed the small camera somewhere in the Canada bound luggage along with the only charged batteries for the large camera. However we continued on. We all rolled out by 4:30 a.m. to say goodby to our oldest son. It was garbage and recyclables day. Imagine the perplexed look on the garbage men's face as we all ran out the door at 4:45 stood on the curb waving and cheering for them. After our oldest son's ride came the rest of us were still keyed up and decided to go to McDonald's for a very early breakfast which our youngest barely stayed awake for. Thankfully the weather was good today. The two younger kids couldn't believe I let them play for more then 9 hours outside. We've been inside hiding from heat so much it was wonderful. Guess it's no surprise our youngest son fell asleep in his dinner plate. Being that he and his sister just found the email of building rockets from ballons I sent him, I am lead to believe there will be alot of activity tomorrow and alot of load popping- hopefully it'll be nice enough to do it outside.