Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What to do with IPad?

they are good entertainment on long road trips or at the dmv =] We use ours at picnicks and a set of speakers for it to listen to music.

Blog Entries
    I download pics of my favorite quilt patterns and then when I am at the store I have the picture and fab requirements right there ?

I love my iPad!!! It is so much faster than waiting for my laptop to boot up! I love to play solitaire on it and read books.

I am waiting for my son (IT in Seattle) to call tonight before we make any decision. His GF says she doesn't think it has a usb port, C or D drive. We have a modem. We wouldn't need it for music or games (80 and 75) and she thinks Dan (10 yr. old GS) isn't ready for that much. He and parents currently share an IPod. If we sell it, I would have the $'s to buy the new sewing machine I want. ..Janome DC5100. If our IT son thinks Dan can handle the IPad we may give it to him....I'll let you know. Thanks for all the input.

Blog Entries
    Your GS will know exactly what to do with it (smile). What a wonderful gift.

Blog Entries
    You will love it if you will take the time to learn how. They are lots of fun. You need WiFi though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fmd36
    DH won an Apple Touch Screen IPad. Honestly we don't know how to use it or what to do with it. Thinking of selling or giving to GS but he is only 10. Any opinions?
    I have one and love it..you can get email, save all your contacts, download books...ebooks and audio, games, weather, news, etc etc...I'd never be without one now that I have had mine

One of my friends bought one for his 2 year old son, who refers to it as his computer. It's amazing what he can do with it!

Jory

how lucky are you

My IT son doesn't think it is a good idea to give Dan the IPad. He doesn't have ADHD but exhibits the symptoms. Easily distracted,impulsive and opposition defiance behavior. There is an Ipod in the house so he does have something to play gmes and listen to music on. So we have decided to offer it for sale. Perhaps we will get Dan another game or app for the Ipod. DH also needs a $1500. crown so the extra $'s will help. Maybe I can still get the new sewing machine too. Thanks for interest and all the input/suggestion. eos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2