Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What to do with a sick Hubby >

What to do with a sick Hubby

What to do with a sick Hubby

Old 05-03-2011, 05:40 PM

My DH is suffering with back pain right now due to a kidney stone. Now don't think I know about kidney pain because I had kidney disease when I was 21 and had to have a kidney removed when I was 22. Well, he's the only person on this earth who has ever suffered and he's like that no matter what the pain or illness. I have heard passing a kidney stone is terribly painful, and it's more painful for men than women. So when he passes this thing I hope I'm far, far away if that's true.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:45 PM

Three times mine got sinus infections and hold up in the room without allowing food or drink or Dr. until he got so bad that I had to take him to the ER for rehydrating. The fourth time he started I told him if he went into the "refuse mode" I would let him die. I would not put up with that again. He either went to the Dr. and did what they told him or I would collect his life insurance. He has not done that again. MEN!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:46 PM

I'm lucky mine stays in bed. Years ago, I use to say that I would rather be sick with 2 sick kids than to have DH sick all by himself. So needy and helpless. Fortunately, he doesn't get sick often!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:51 PM

I'm lucky I guess, mine seldom if ever whines. If he's sick, I baby him a little and if its me, he takes care of me too.

Its nice to feel loved when you don't feel good.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:57 PM

My dh,s sole purpose in life is to whine and complain.ABOUT EVERYTHING.No matter what is going on he will make it all about him
Old 05-03-2011, 06:29 PM

Patty, your DH sounds like a clone of my DH.........lol, it's all about him.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:39 PM

My dh has had kidney stones 3 times and that gets him to the ER real fast (pain is terrible). But other than that he goes to work no matter what. He says one of these days I'll have to call work for him and say he's not coming in today because he's dead.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Power Poster

Mine doesn't get sick often, had both rotator cuffs repaired, whines until he makes up his mind to go to the Doctor, then suddenly it doesn't hurt anymore, still needs the surgery but, stops whining. After the second one just repaired in Feb. this year.
I am not a nursy type person, Son just always slept and that is how I knew he was sick, one Daughter also, other Daughter like me and just plugged along or very seldom got sick.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:05 PM

My husband is on disability and gets sick often, but at times it drives me crazy. Sometimes he doesn't feel well and whines all day but refuses to go to the Dr. Other days, like Yesterday, woke up with pain on his side where the kidney is (he has a transplant). I asked him if he wanted to go to the Dr, he says no, even though there is always the chance it could be rejection. It makes me so mad! He sometimes feels sick all day and decides to go to the ER at 7:00PM,when we could be done by then.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Power Poster

My DH has to be half dead before he gives in to being sick. He doesn't whine and complain but what gets me is that he usually doesn't take care of whatever it is and then I catch it.
Luckily he doesn't get sick much at all.