What to do

Old 05-15-2011, 08:43 PM

OK,i did have internet explorer,went to Firefox.Now we have a problem.Cant download anything.My friend said the 2 are going against each other.So i want to go back to explorer.Do i just uninstall Firefox,i can't find it in my programs,i see it on my main screen,it say's to extract.Does that mean it will take away?Can i get explorer back after wards?
I hate not knowing what to do.I'm also afraid i can't get explorer back.
I sure would love to see my Facebook again. Please can someone help me with this.I really don't want to ask,BUT :oops: :( :roll:
Old 05-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Google Goddess

sorry I can't help you but I am sure someone will be able to help you, hope you get it figured out soon
Old 05-15-2011, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
OK,i did have internet explorer,went to Firefox.Now we have a problem.Cant download anything.My friend said the 2 are going against each other.So i want to go back to explorer.Do i just uninstall Firefox,i can't find it in my programs,i see it on my main screen,it say's to extract.Does that mean it will take away?Can i get explorer back after wards?
I hate not knowing what to do.I'm also afraid i can't get explorer back.
I sure would love to see my Facebook again. Please can someone help me with this.I really don't want to ask,BUT :oops: :( :roll:
What exactly happens when you try to download something? Firefox doesn't interfere with Explorer. The extract folder is to install the program so that won't help you at all. Don't worry, it's easy to reinstall Explorer.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:49 PM

Hi Craftybear,hope every thing is going good for you.Connie in CO
Old 05-15-2011, 08:56 PM

bodie358....the only thing i get is here on the quiltboard.Pictures...half load, i get nothing else.No Google,web searchs, nothing.No downloads nothing.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:59 PM

Does this happen with .pdf files? For years I had to use IE for them but found a free add-on for Firefox called "Foxit Reader". It works beautifully. Just google the name for a free installation. So much less spam with Firefox.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:21 PM

Kitsie...can't google,won't load.I think it's time for someone to look at it,BUT that's big bucks.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:37 PM

Wow, I cant help you if you cant get to Google. Have you tried restoring to a point before you installed Firefox? Might work and save you some money. If you can get it to where you can Google then you can reinstall Explorer. OR, do you have the set-up disks for your computer?
Old 05-15-2011, 10:47 PM

Have you tried to turn off putter And turn itback on? You have to go to programs to uninstall. I have I e and Mozilla and have no prob. Try this first then go to programs and uninstall. Good lucK!!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:07 PM

Bodie358,no haven't restored,you have to uninstall Firefox?
Painiacs...i don't see Mozilla in my programs,just on my computer screen that's what's so different about this.I'm about ready to drop kick this thing they call a computer out the door.