Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What do you do for a break? >

What do you do for a break?

What do you do for a break?

Old 09-05-2012, 09:04 AM

Default What do you do for a break?

I have been taking a break this summer from quilting while I had my GD here for 4 weeks. I made her 4 outfits for school and we did craft projects and played games on the WII and watched movies. After she went home I decided to make myself some fall clothes. Got one blouse made and the church asked me to paint 3 pictures for the new nursery. One is now at Hobby Lobby's getting framed and I'm taking a break from the second one. It's a baby wearing a cowboy hat, asleep, naked on his/her stomach on a blanket. I thought I would never get the nose r ight! SO I needed a break - did the laundry, cleaned a toilet, mopped a floor, read everything on QB. Need to paint. SO I can finish sewing , so I can start quilting. What do you do when you need to take a break?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:00 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Not much. Play on here. Read a bunch. Nap. Go riding up and down country byways - although less so now that gas is out the whazoo. Design quilts and patterns. I have very limited funds for get-aways so I'm 99% close to home most of the time these days.

Your break sounds lovely with grands there!
Jan in VA
Old 09-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

I haven't taken much a break. I work full time, play on computer when work is done, come home, sometimes cook supper, do some chores, sew a couple hours, play on computer, mostly get on QB. On weekends I do housework,sew and laundry. I like to be doing something all the time. Only time I watch TV is if I can't sleep at night.