Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: What do your Grandkids call you??

I did not want to be called Grandma,either.....so, I'm Nonny to my little ones....

My husband is "Gumps" to his granddhildren. I arrived to the family late, so some of the older grandchildren call me by my first name, while the younger ones use either "Grammy" or "Bubbe" (my personal choice).

I am Mom-mom and my husband is Pop-pop. My oldest granddaughter came up with these names when she started talking. The other grandparents are Nana and Poppy.

Blog Entries
    When I first became a grandmother, I wanted to be called grandma. The problem was that my gd could not pronounce it, so we are called mawmaw and pawpaw.

Incidentally, I just became a great grandmother in August. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what she might call us? I have no idea.

My my grandson was almost 2 he called me Gama "Howse" (yes, the w sound!). One day he was having a fast talking fit and Gama came out Maga. He is now 11; all grandkids call me Maga. Even their friends do!!

No grands yet other than my little grand puggie....I will be happy whatever they decide to call me..when they come! Name:  Minnow underage002_edited.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  309.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by luce321 View Post
    When I first became a grandmother, I wanted to be called grandma. The problem was that my gd could not pronounce it, so we are called mawmaw and pawpaw.

Incidentally, I just became a great grandmother in August. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what she might call us? I have no idea.
    My mom's great grandkids call her Gigi. (G G for great grandma) She really likes it.

one calls me gram and the other grammy. both call my hubby gramps. we look it. once in awhile grandma comes out LOL!! all are music to our ears

Blog Entries
    I'm Baba to my two adorable little grandsons. It's a Slavic derivative for grandma. I thought it sounded really old so I didn't care for it much but grandpa kept saying it to the little ones so it stuck. I'm used to it now and think it's cute when the little guys say it to call me.

My one and only grandchild calls me Yia-yia. I'm not Greek, but that's what he calls me anyway. DH is Papa and sometimes Papa Papa Wee-o Wee-o (he's a cop and to our 3 year old grandson, anything with a siren is a wee-o wee-o!) He could call me mud and I'd adore him just the same! Lol
    Wendy in VA

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast