Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What does the word "Indie" mean?

Blog Entries
    I get it.
    short for independant
    Indie

Blog Entries

acronyms

Quote Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
    Independent. Not a corporation.

I get tired of acronyms and abbreviations...

The dumbing down of our culture at its worst.

Sandy

Bought a book once with all the current acronyms ... it was pages and pages and pages and several shared the same acronym with 3 or 4 totally disimiliar organizations...talk about confusing! Think people use it as a vanity thing so you can see how smart they are! When people speak to you using acronyms it takes a minute or two to try to figure out who or what they're talking about and by then you've lost the gist of the rest of the conversation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyncat View Post
    Acronyms...why are they so popular these days? Every time I go to a teacher's meeting there is another new one...and I can never remember what they stand for!
    That's because the powers that be want others to think they are doing something new and wonderful. Same idea, process, whatever, but a new name with a little tweak to how it works. Some educational leaders have a not very nice acronym for it, but not fit for nice ladies to hear.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2