Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What I do when I am not quilting...humoring friends.

What I do when I am not quilting...humoring friends.

I recently texted a friend asking what her favorite "Spirits" were, as she has mentioned several times that she 'drinks' a lot. That question had her and her husband puzzled so he wanted to know 'why? is she making a voodoo doll of you?" Since I thought this was funny when she told me the story, I couldn't resist in making her a little 'voodoo' doll, complete with pins.
    This friend is literally terrified of mice and hates them with a passion. Everyone here at works likes to tease her with mice. One printed a picture and hung it on her bulletin board so she could see it all day. One put one on her computer desktop. One even went through the trouble of making a fake mouse, luring her away from her desk, conning her back to her desk and asking her to get a book out of a 'specific' drawer, all while video taping (with his cell phone) her reaction to finding this mouse. She screamed and jumped 3 feet out of her chair. I didn't get to see the actual response from my office but the video was quite comical. She even laughs at it now. She's a good sport.
    So it was my turn to get her with a mouse. I added a little more humor to her voodoo doll, by attaching a small mouse with the pink pin of death in it. She loved that the pink pin was in the mouse and not in her. LOL!!
    Another small detail in this story came when making it, after getting it stuffed and while working on stitching up the back where I stuffed it from, my 12 yr old son asks .... "well, if its a girl doll, where are its boobs?" My husband and I stopped in our tracks and couldn't help but laugh because this came from the quiet shy son whom we wouldn't never expected that comment to come from. But with that said, I did add a little extra padding up front prior to closing her up. It made it all the more interesting when trying to explain to my friend how her little voodoo doll came about.
    Just wanted to share how I spend some my time when I am not quilting. I've gotta admit though, I really like how this little doll turned out.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

This is really cute! I love her face and the mouse and story behind it truly make it one of a kind...

Diannia
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

the doll is really cute and I love the story behind it.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like your office has WAY too much free time LOL. Darling doll and poor mouse Cute story too.

sew Cute
    Sandy

What a cute doll! I love her clothes and I love the little mouse!

Just adorable. And funny story!!

Blog Entries
    This is so cute! I love the distressed boot-cut jeans. They look just like the ones my sister and I wear!

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    so cute ..thanks for sharing
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    That is really a cute doll and the story is helairous(I need spell check), you should market the doll, thank you for sharing
    Mary

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast