Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It is what it is, I guess.

I'm on Yahoo! and I see the headline:

Polish Village Prays for Madonna to Visit

and I'm astonished. Couldn't help it, it sounded like a Polish joke. (Not trying to be derogatory here. That's just what it made me think of.) You know, only a Polish village would pray for a Madonna concert.

And then I laughed at myself, as I "realized" the village must surely be praying for a visit from the Holy Virgin. So, wondering why, I clicked on the link, expecting to find a town in need of a miracle.

Well, it is what it is, I guess.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/madonna/n...isit--61779214

[Disclaimers: This is not the basis for a religious discussion. This is not to start anything about the Polish people. It's not to demean or diminish the entertainer Madonna, either. This is just about how you can interpret things, try again and still get them wrong. And the humor in it.]

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    some peoples children????????

Yeah, people have said that about me before.

Only us POLOCKS would pray for Madonna to come and play for us. Oh I'm polish and no offence taken. I love polish jokes, oh and I'm blond too. :lol:

ROFLMAO Im sorry renee that was TOO FUNNY

no, your not either :wink:

whats funny is I have been thinking about growing up and I was remembering my first "crush" Tom Bedoski ohhhh was he cute, tall and blonde and oh soooo cute LOL

Blog Entries
    Too funny! I wouldn't have really thought that would make the HEADLINES....slow news day I guess?

I would love to be a mouse in the corner when Madonna has to explain to her children about the 'coffee table sex book' and all the raunchy videos she's done. Uh, don't do as I did doesn't exactly cut it. Yikes.

Interesting. I would have gone with the churchier explanation as well! :?

Quote Originally Posted by Shemjo
    Interesting. I would have gone with the churchier explanation as well! :?
    What made me laugh at myself at the start was that I immediately assumed they meant Madonna the singer, when of course the "churchier" interpretation is the one you would expect for that headline. So they got me twice over - the first time when I thought I was wrong, and the second time when I really was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy M
    I would love to be a mouse in the corner when Madonna has to explain to her children about the 'coffee table sex book' and all the raunchy videos she's done. Uh, don't do as I did doesn't exactly cut it. Yikes.
    I doubt she'll tell her kids not to do as she did re sex and entertainment. She is probably very frank about sex in the home and probably wants them to see it as something healthy and good rather than as sinful or shameful. She'd be more likely to tell them not to start smoking the way she did. I have no idea if she still smokes, but she's known for keeping physically fit.

i had a polish grandfather. wherever he is, he's probably waiting for her. always had an eye for the ladies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast