Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What task can you put off again and again ? >

What task can you put off again and again ?

What task can you put off again and again ?

Old 11-11-2016, 06:49 AM

I also hate dusting or anything that interrupts my quilting LOL But seriously, after the first of the year I am going into purge mode and hitting the basement first. My DH has done a great job organizing like items together and building shelves but I have things that I will never use again and may as well donate them to someone who will.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:10 AM
Power Poster

Going through my clothes closet and getting rid of things that no longer fit or I haven't worn in ages. I should do it now as I get ready for cooler weather but I wanted to get it done in the spring and it still isn't done.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:19 AM

I put my house for sale down in Florida back in '07'. Packed up all my hardback books I'd been collecting for my retirement. I retired while the house was up for sale so didn't get the time to read them then as they were in storage. Finally got the house sold in '10' and moved up to Iowa. 8 months later after remodeling the house I'd purchased I decided to use my bookcases for my fabrics down in the basement so the books are still in their plastic totes to this day. Hopefully by the end of the year or early next year I'll have the new shelving installed for the fabrics so I can put the bookcases upstairs in the spare bedroom for the "BOOKS". Will also need to add shelving on the walls to accommodate all the books I've collected over the years.

I finally went thru all the photos and have them in albums or on the PC, no more cardboard boxes for me.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:00 AM

*** House work. I use to be a clean freak, but now I live alone I do not care to do it *
*** the cat doesn't mind.
*** Cleaning & adjusting the sewing area. I can thrive in clutter.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:16 PM

Putting away the laundry and dusting. I try to keep a relatively clean house so if someone drops in I won't be too embarrassed but I have relaxed my standards the past couple of years. I'd rather quilt or read!
Old 11-11-2016, 03:22 PM

I hate housework, usually only clean when people are coming over. My bed gets made every day and the bathroom is usually reasonably clean. Dishes are usually done. I have back problems, so it hurts to do a lot of things.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:54 PM
Power Poster

I am tired of cooking. And thinking about what to cook. Every once in a while I will make something. Mr. Stitchnripper is happy with whatever. Sometimes it is chicken breasts in the George foreman grill and a bag of microwave vegetables. When he says he will cook it usually starts with him saying "if you are at the grocery store, get me x,y, and z". that defeats the whole thing. It is easier for me to slap the chicken on the George Foreman. I am happy with a Lean Cuisine. I don't like to go out all that often.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:29 PM

I don't like paying my charge account. I keep all the receipts and match them to the charges, then I put each charge into a category (can you tell I'm a bookkeeper?) and put it in Quicken. I balance my checkbook and then finally, pay my charge account. Horrible!!
Old 11-11-2016, 06:15 PM

Grocery shopping! I hate it worse than housework. If I were independently wealthy, I'd pay someone to do it. After almost 30 years of marriage and 4 kids, it's the constant over-and-over of coming up with meal plans. Then making the lists, driving out, finding deals, putting things in the cart, then on the belt, then out to the car, then home, then into the house, then into the pantry or fridge, and then --two days later--hearing, "Did you get anything good?" And by "good" they usually mean junk.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

Dust bunnies and cob webs. As long as they don't bother me, I don't bother them.
peace