Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is up with this weather????

Last night we had light snow flurries, today it's below freezing, north winds and it's cold out there! Environment Canada have now issued a Winter Storm Watch for us, this storm is supposed to hit us tomorrow afternoon and they are expecting 15cm or more snow!!!

I think Mother Nature is confused!! lol

Izy
    Oh poor you Shadow, well after the winter we have had here in Spain, I think there has got to be some truth in the concerns about global warming, but thankfully the weather is finally starting to warm up nicely now...hope your summer arrives soon :D

I wonder what that will do to all your blooming plants and flowers? Whenever we get a snow this late in the year, we always end up with broken branches and squished plants. Stay in and QUILT!

Blog Entries
    Mother Nature has Alzheimers (spelling) ... I can't figure it out either :evil: Just stay in where its warm and quilt.. quilt...quilt...
    Sharon

We have so much wind today that my taller plants are taking a beating. Suppose to be a frost tonight in southern Maine, but I have not heard about any snow. I hope my annuals we just planted make it through the night.

Sorry that you are suppose to get snow Shadow.

Brrrr. Mother's Day is supposed to bring nicer weather!

I think Mother Nature is really confused! Global Warming gets more real when the weather gets this crazy!

.....And here in SoCal, they're saying it's going to be HOT, maybe even in the high 90F's! (30C?)

I wish I knew what was up with old mother nature it's cold here in Cleveland and dampoh and windy. YUCKY I still haven't started to tan. I heard it's suppose to be 10 degrees colder this year YIKES.

Phew

And there I was thinking we were the only ones having bizzarre weather conditions!!!
    Last week end was lovely - I spent most of my time in the garden pottering around. Monday was Okish - Tuesday overcast & since then it's just rained & rained & rained with high winds. Had to put the heating back on too as there has certainly been a nip in the air.
    Hopefully Mother Nature will sort herself out soon - pleeeease!!!!

Tisha

Quote Originally Posted by quilter1962
    Phew

And there I was thinking we were the only ones having bizzarre weather conditions!!!
    Last week end was lovely - I spent most of my time in the garden pottering around. Monday was Okish - Tuesday overcast & since then it's just rained & rained & rained with high winds. Had to put the heating back on too as there has certainly been a nip in the air.
    Hopefully Mother Nature will sort herself out soon - pleeeease!!!!

Tisha
    I know Tisha, what has it been like!!! I was COLD again last night when I got into bed. Was thinking last week of changing from winter to summer duvet but not any more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast