What would you do???

Old 06-21-2012, 08:48 PM

I had this happen too, but I ignored it. I finally got a letter a couple of weeks ago and it said that since I did not ask for it, I was under no obligation to pay for it unless I wanted to get more. I am still ignoring it.....
Old 06-21-2012, 08:58 PM

Sew News magazine did the same thing to me! I took my sweet time sending it back to them but I also let them know that I didn't appreciate having to return something that I did NOT order!
I think it's a stupid concept to send this out and then expect a return or.. perhaps they hope you won't return it so they can bill you for it.
Nice program they have set up but don't send it unless it's requested, is my thoughts.
Sorry you have to drive to return it, that's not fair!
Just my 2 cents worth
Old 06-22-2012, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
I got one of those. I kept the video and ignored everything else. Never heard from them again.
Same here. If you didn't request it, you're not obligated to pay for it.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:39 AM

Im having the same problem with mag. subscriptions. Better Homes and Gardens is threatening me even though I did not renew my subscription.
So far two mags have threatened me with ruining my credit.
This is so underhanded that I am not going to do anymore subscriptions. Dont they realize that people will not stand for this?
I also got the dvd from F&P and will just ignore it. They did this several years ago also.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:59 AM

About a year or so ago, I got a DVD from F&P. I kept the DVD, the letter they sent said it was a gift. I never had any problems with them trying to collect money from me.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:30 PM

I am letting all my subscriptions expire, too. One month I went through 3-4 issues and couldn't find a quilt I liked in a single one. Today I went to the P.O. and there was that annual calendar that I told them not to send any more! So, do I pay for that or just keep it?
Old 06-22-2012, 03:38 PM

had the same thing going here. sent them back because of course I got several. My mags I have been letting go when the sub are up and they call forever trying to get me to renew. Keep telling them I don't have the time to read them all. I think they are all under the same house anyway -- just under a different name. I too got the calender yesterday in the mail I used to get the order form and I would order it--now came without being ordered. I am going to keep it and if they call I am going to tell them I did not order and am not paying for it nor am I paying for sending it back. maybe they will learn their lesson after a bunch of us decide they can't pull this crap.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Power Poster

I got the same treatment from F&P, which is why I no longer take their magazine, buy any of their products, or watch their shows. I'm disappointed that they think this is a good way to do business.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I got the same treatment from F&P, which is why I no longer take their magazine, buy any of their products, or watch their shows. I'm disappointed that they think this is a good way to do business.
I have adopted the same "policy " now with F&P for the exact same reasons.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:02 PM

Gee -- I sure wish I'd asked before I subscribed!!!!!