Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What would you like to do or experience on a vacation this summer? >

What would you like to do or experience on a vacation this summer?

What would you like to do or experience on a vacation this summer?

Old 06-26-2011, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

I just watched this on the news today, it looks like a LOT of fun!! It really does look like something out of a James Bond movie LOL
I always wanted to try parasailing too... I really need to plan a Florida vacation, how about you? I would love to be able to take my whole family there... how fun that would be :D:D:D

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/198...s-human-flight
Old 06-26-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I always wanted to try parasailing too... I really need to plan a Florida vacation, how about you? I would love to be able to take my whole family there... how fun that would be :D:D:D
My son and I did parasailing about 10 years ago... DON'T take your regular camera...you get very wet regardless what they tell you! We got drowned on the boat from the spray and almost got dried off when we were in the air...too late for the camera though. It was really fun.

Tried zip lining a couple years ago too... screamed like a holler monkey from what they say (okay it's on a video too, lol)...it is something I think we'll try again.

Tried white water rafting and boy they can keep that...not for me by any means...some people love it but OOOO not me.

Guess I should mention I can't swim and really don't like water in my face or that heights aren't really all that much fun for me...also we're not "kids" by any means. If you don't try it at least once, no telling what fun you're missing. Life is short, try it all.

Our son is just being deployed (still in country for a couple more weeks) then when he is gone gone, we'll wait and see how our daughter in law is doing with the 3 girls (5, 2 & 2 months) before we decide if we can leave the area or not...don't want to plan until we see what's up.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

I love to white water raft :D The zip lines sound like a lot of fun too :D:D:D

I used to rock climb... too old and decrepit for much of that now LMBO but I would still be up for a smaller climb :D:D:D
Old 06-26-2011, 09:01 AM

I would like to hold my grandchildren once more, they are accross the country and I just can't afford to bring them east, its been a couple of years for me, see my sil was injured and I keep food on there table, so that forfits my visits. maybe next year.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by MissSandra
I would like to hold my grandchildren once more, they are accross the country and I just can't afford to bring them east, its been a couple of years for me, see my sil was injured and I keep food on there table, so that forfits my visits. maybe next year.
Here's to hoping you get to see and hold them soon. I understand "Skype" or how ever you spell it works great. We are going to set it up soon too and I do believe it's free to use. Not as good as holding them and spelling their hair, but it might be a way to "see" them...that's guessing you don't have it already.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:07 AM

Wow, that video looks like FUN!! I'd like to try zip lining. But really I want to go next June to a tropical island to celebrate our 10th anniversary. My hubby has never been to Hawaii, so maybe going to Kawai sounds like fun.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Power Poster

Sandra, I hope that you get to make that trip soon, or they get to come out and see you (((HUGS)))
Old 06-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Power Poster

Don't they have zip lines in Hawaii? That sounds like a GREAT vacation :D:D:D
Old 06-26-2011, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Don't they have zip lines in Hawaii? That sounds like a GREAT vacation :D:D:D
I am going to have to look into zip lining in Hawaii.....great idea. We went to Costa Rica a few years ago and didn't partake.....now I wish we had.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:53 AM

Living in MN, we try to take more vacation time in winter than in summer...BUT...I got my scuba diving certificate when we were in Hawaii this past March, and I'd LOVE to get somewhere that has warmer water than up here to do some more diving this summer. We'll see.

PS...I'm not sure where, but I know there is zip lining in Hawaii...you might have to do a little research into which of the islands the activity is on, but I know you will find something :)